Pages

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Half Marathon Update: Week 5

Week 5 is O-V-E-R...and I have never been so happy!!!  Denver got buried in snow this last weekend, so I had to spend my long run on the awful fabulous treadmill!  There was a time that I hated running outside...my fingers would swell into vienna sausages, my lungs would burn, people would see me "jiggle", and I would just plain stink when I was done, but now I can't stand that dreadmill treadmill and I love the great outdoors!!!  I like to think of it as my huge gym that doesn't have walls and endless possibilities!!!!

Week 5:
Monday: Strength & Stretching...good ol' Jillian never fails me!
Tuesday: 4 miles
Wednesday: 2 miles:  I ran this 2 miles in pretty chilly weather and the moment I was done it started snowing!
Thursday: I was supposed to run 4 miles, but I had friends in town and we were headed up to Steamboat, so I took the day off.
Friday: REST...and I skied for about 6 hours instead!  My legs were killin' me!
Saturday: 40 min. cross training:  I skied for another 6 hours...and well my legs were JELL-O!!!!
Sunday: 6 miles...well I drove 6 hours back from Steamboat on treacherous roads...so I didn't do a damn thing when I got home.  I did my 6 miles on Monday...on the treadmill....ugggg!!!  It sucked, but I accomplished it!!!  The trails and roads were snow-packed so I didn't have a choice!!! :)


Not so excited about the 6 miles on the treadmill...but I DID IT!!!



5 plus


1=SIX!!!! 


Week 5...D-O-N-E


4 comments:

  1. Get after it!!
    I'm about a week behind you, and I wish my crossed off days looked as fun as yours. I might print off another sheet so I can do something fancy like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA!!! I love it!!! It's the first thing I do when I gt done with a work-out!!!

      Delete
  2. Someone needs to tell me the secret for running on a treadmill. Maybe my machine just sucks (I bought it for $40), but I can hardly get out 2 miles--heck 1 mile is a challenge! I'm jealous you can muster 6!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use the treadmills at my apt. complex's gym...but I hate it!!! I got a good run in outside today!!! :)

      Delete