Pages

Saturday, February 2, 2013

MY HOMETOWN

For the past week I have seen people from my hometown post a youtube video of a music video called "My Hometown".  The lyrics to the song takes me back to the days that I lived in that small rural KS town where everyone truly knows your name.
 
There have been many times that I cuss that small town because it always seems like everyone knows your business and talks about it even if it's not the truth, but that small town raised me and I love it.

I moved to the city shortly after graduating college and I have to say that I love living in a city, but there are always the thoughts of that small KS town that I had some of the best times and worse times in my life in.  There is something about having a place that you can go to that you always feel safe in!  I love going back and visiting the town that helped mold me into the person I am today!

I remember as a kid I hated that town and swore that I would never go back once I graduated high school, but I regret saying that all those years ago!  I love going back and visiting my family...there is something about that town that warms my heart!

Fun facts about Oakley, KS:
-Population: 2,367
-3 things to do: Monument Rocks, Fick Fossil Museum, Prairie Dog Town
-There is no stop light in the town
-62% of adults that live in Oakley are married
-High School Mascot: Plainsmen
-Fast food: Subway and Pizza Hut...period it!
-Target, Wal-Mart, King Soopers, Safeway, Dillion's etc...DO NOT EXSIST!!!!
-My high school class consisted of 50 people


Jared Daniels Band sure knew what they are talking about when they put together this song!  Make sure to look for the Oakley Plainsmen water tower at 2:14!  



No comments:

Post a Comment