Pages

Monday, February 4, 2013

Half Marathon Update: Week 2

Well, week 2 of this crazy half marathon training is in the books, and I have never felt so good!!  I love crossing the days off my training program, there is something about grabbing that marker and getting those days out of the way!!

This week looked like this:
Monday: Strength & Stretching (I spent this day with Jillian Michaels again!  Love and hate her)
Tuesday: 3 mile run
Wednesday: 2 mile run
Thursday: 3 mile run + strength
Friday: REST...and boy did I rest...I needed it this week!
Saturday: 30 min. of cross training...it was nice to get on the elliptical for something different!
Sunday: 4 mile run
I had to run inside on the treadmill for the majority of this week expect Sunday due to the weather.  It snowed and was cold so I was accompanied by the dreadmill that I HATE!!!!

For my 4 miles yesterday I had a running partner!  My good friend Rosa is a new runner too and she joined me!  We start out together and then get our own pace going and meet at the end!!!



Coming up on Miss Rosa!!!

Look at that smiling face as she pounds out the miles too!!!

I run next to the Platte River and I am constantly jumping over and avoiding goose poop...and whenever I am running and the geese are on the grass on the side of the trail I get a moment of anxiety that one of them is going to attack me...and Lord, help the goose that decides I am his next victim!  

Pounding out those miles!!!

4 miles: D-O-N-E



Week 2...crossed off!!!  10 more weeks!!!! {Don't you love my rainbow themed cross off??}




No comments:

Post a Comment