Pages

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Half Marathon Update: Week 3

Today I finished week 3 of my half marathon training!!!  I had to run 5 miles today, and it felt sooooo good!!! {I will tell you that I never thought that I would say running any amount of time would feel so good!}

This week looked like this:
Monday: Strength & Stretching...I spent yet, another Monday with good ol' Jillian
Tuesday: 3.5 miles
Wednesday: 2 miles
Thursday: 3.5 miles
Friday: REST...I was never so glad to see this day come!!  I needed that rest day so bad this week!
Saturday: 40 min. of cross training:  it was snowing off and on so I went to the gym and did the elliptical....I can't wait to get back on my bike!
Sunday: 5 miles...it was a cold one!

This week was a good week overall...however, I never looked forward to the rest day more than I did this week!  My legs were just tired...but it was a great rest day!!!  I never used to have a favorite day of the week because my schedule is different every week, but now that Friday's are my rest day it is the most favorite and looked forward to day of the week!!!






Pounding out those 5 miles!!!


5 miles...D-O-N-E!!!!




It's important to read the "feels like 29 degrees F"!  It was a cold one!!!  There were even snow flurries while I was running today!


When I ran by these SOB's the first time & they hissed at me...I was ready for a throw down, but they decided that they better not mess with me!!! {Thank goodness!!!  I sound all tough, but they give me a little  A LOT of anxiety as I run by them!!!}


Week 3...D-O-N-E!!!!!

I felt this this fitted today since it was flurrying & cold while I was running!!! :)


8 comments:

  1. Hal's 1/2 training program rocks! I'm looking at a few 1/2s this spring, and you're motivating me to just pull the trigger and sign up for one already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got in a 5-miler for my half training, too! Although at a true temp of 28, I was ecstatic it was so warm. Sigh, Minnesota weather sucks. It looks like we're following the exact same training plan. Twinsies! :)

    Glad you didn't get killed dead by those geese!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Twinsies!?!?!?! I love it!!! It reminds me of those annoying twins on Amazing Race last season...maybe we can be the next twinsies on Amazing Race!!! :)

      When is your half???

      Delete
  3. So motivating that you are training for a half-marathon! I hope to be able to run that far some day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU WILL RUN THAT FAR SOME DAY!!!! I just know it!!! :)

      Delete
  4. What do you wear to stay warm? It is cold in Indiana right now too and I really wanted to start the C25K OUTSIDE! I just don't want to freeze my nose off! Oh, and I nominated you for a Liebster Award. It's on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wear cold gear Under Armour!!! It really keeps me warm! At first I am super cold, but by the time I get to going it isn't long until I am warmed up to the point that I don't have to have my gloves on anymore! I love C25K!!! It's a great program!!!

      I will check out your blog, thanks for the nomination!!! :)

      Delete