Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

Green Smoothies

I love me a green smoothie....like I LOVE THEM!!!!

They are easy to make...
Healthy...
Yummy...
Make people wonder what the H*LL you are drinking...
Refreshing...
Filling...
Amazing...

Ingredients:
Spinach Leaves
Flax Seed Meal
Frozen fruit
Water

I use an over-sized handful of spinach leaves and add 1 teaspoon of flax seed meal.  Top it off with 1 cup of water.  I put these ingredients in my magic bullet cup and blend.  I add 1 cup of frozen fruit and blend again...there you have it...a fabulous, tasty, and healthy smoothie!!!!

Handful of spinach

Added Flax seed meal

Along with a cup of water and a little blending!  I love that magic bullet!

Greens are ready for the fruit!

I love this tropical blend of frozen fruit!  There is also a mango blend that I love!  I am not fond of the berry blend (raspberries, strawberries, and blackberries), it is just way to tart for me!

Fruit added

Blending the fruit

Finished blending

 Delicious Green Smoothie!

I love a green smoothie to start out my long night shifts of work!  I love the faces that people make when they see the color of my drink!


6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I love my magic bullet!!! I have the older one, but the newer one has more pieces like cups with lids for travel! I wish I had that one!!!

      Delete
  2. I haven't been daring enough to try anything like this yet, but I just might!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Katie you should!!! They are really good! You can find any recipe online, but I like it simple with less calories!!! Let me know what you think!!! ENJOY!!! :)

      Delete
  3. I LOVE berries, but with that Market Pantry berry blend, I always end up having to put a little bit of honey into my smoothie so that I can even finish it. Always way too tart! I've never tried the tropical fruit blend tho, so maybe I'll try that instead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree the Market Pantry berry blend is way too tart!!! I love the tropical and mango ones!!

      Delete