Pages

Monday, February 25, 2013

Skiing in the 'Boat

This weekend one of my best friends from college and her boyfriend came to CO to go skiing!  We ended up in Steamboat and had a great time!!  The snow was amazing!!!

Our condo was amazing and the lift tickets super cheap...it helps to know people!!  A big thanks to Beau's cousin!!!  She saved us some mega bucks!!!  I had never been to Steamboat, and I loved it!  The ski resort was big, the town was cute, and the snow was beautiful!! We even ate some amazing food!!!

I always dread going skiing until I get there...I hate the ski boots, they are the most uncomfortable boots I have ever put on my feet and then to put them on the second day when you are sore is just torture.  I get major anxiety about getting off the lift, getting on the lift and riding it is nothing, but getting off that thing is just horrible...I don't like being close to anyone as they get off and well, that's just not possible, I am scared I'm gonna fall and be that person that stops the lift, I'm nervous that I won't get out of the way in time and the people behind me will run into me...and the list can go on and on!!!  I am deathly afraid that I am going to fall and break something while skiing...the first day I am so tense because I don't wanna fall and the second day I get a little more comfortable and pick up the speed!!!  After I get the hang of it again, I enjoy it {except those damn boots}!

Getting ready to hit the slopes!!!  The first day was a great powder day!!!

Of course each day ended with a beer!!! Yes, my hand was FREEZING in this pic!

At the top of the gondola!!!  Pictures don't do the views justice!  It was beautiful!

Beer Break!!!!



With the valley in the background!

Karisa and I!




Brunch in the 'Boat!!! One of the best Chai tea's I have ever had!

So, while we were sleeping the last night in Steamboat, Denver was getting buried in snow! It took us 6 hours to get from Steamboat to the Denver airport...a trip that should have only taken 3 hours!  It was horrible!  Karisa and Beau's flight for this morning was already cancelled yesterday afternoon so they got on the 9pm flight last night!  Thank goodness they could get out of CO and not miss anymore work even if it was to cut their vacation a few hours short!

I missed Miss Mia something fierce!  She stayed with my neighbor who I think loves her more than I do!  I know that all her needs were met beyond expectations, but it doesn't take away the fact that I miss my little four legged princess!!  I was happy to see her last night and she showed me she was happy too by peeing as I picked her up!  She slept on my lap all night long!  It was a great trip, but I'm always glad to be home no matter where I go!

Can't wait until ski trip 2014!!!!

2 comments:

  1. That looks like so much fun. I've never skied, it's on my bucket list. But I'm terrified I'm going to hate it/break something/and now scared if the boots. ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it's really not that bad when you try it!!! It can be quite fun! Try it!

      Delete