Pages

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Happy November



I know, I am a few days late, but this last week has kicked my booty!!!  However, it's never to late to say Happy November...my personal favorite month of the year.  This year, I was kind of dreading November 1st...I knew 15 days after the 1st, I would try 30 and I am having a difficult time dealing with that.  When I was in high school I never thought I would get to 21.  I wanted to drink without having to sneak around.  When I was 21, I never thought I would be 25...and then I woke up one day, and I was...and my insurance was cheaper...YAY!!!  However, time plays tricks on a person...when you are younger time stands still and you never think you are going to be old enough to to this and do that...then, like a light switch time starts racing and days turn into weeks, weeks into months, and months turn into years...and then BOOM, you are 30 before you know it!  I can't wait to join 6 of my girlfriends in San Fran for 5 days of pure shenanigans for my 30th birthday!!!  A little over a week and we will be making our way!!!!

One thing about November 1st that I love is that Halloween has come and gone....I am NOT a Halloween fan...I just can't handle adults acting like idiots, dressing up with masks on.  I am always questioning what they are going to do next and it gives me anxiety.  For some reason they think is hilarious that you don't like, they get in your face, and interrupt your personal bubble...and for that I am not a fan!  The cute little kids dressed up are adorable and I am completely ok with that. I will open my front door a million times for those cuties, but you will NOT find me at any kind of Halloween party....

My adorable little nephews...Owen the Owl & Hudson the Monkey!!!  Love them! :)



I have some big news and I have two months to digest that I will be a grad student in January.  I am having a hard time being ok with going to class, writing papers, and getting A's.  I know that I am not the greatest student...and APA format is not my forte....but I will soon learn to love research, theory, writing papers, and going to class!!!  I have been out of school for 7 years, so I am anxious about getting back into it, but I'm gonna do it and hopefully come out a family nurse practitioner in a couple years!









4 comments:

  1. Thirty really isn't all that bad! It gave me one great reason to party like I was 21 again. :) And San Fran sounds like it will be a BLAST!!!

    You'll kick grad school's ass. I have no doubt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping that San Fran will give the reason to party like I am 30 again!!! I actually can't wait until that plane takes off from the Rockies!!!

      Delete
  2. I'm really not the biggest Halloween person either so I'm glad it's nearing my fave Holidays! Enjoy San Fran with your girlfriends!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank goodness I found someone that isn't a fan of Halloween...everyone else thinks I'm crazy!!! I am hoping for a stellar time!!! :)

      Delete