Pages

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Money trap…no more!!!

As I was making my November budget, I saw that my cable bill was out of control, then I opened the new bill for the month and saw that it had increased to $169….and I about lost it!  Ain't no way I am paying $169 for freaking cable….so I cancelled it…straight up cancelled it!  As I was calculating what I would save by canceling cable it came out 2G's a year…2,000 bucks a year….(insert wide eyes and mouth drop here)

This is first time in my entire life that I have not had cable.  We were fortunate enough growing up that we always had cable…god forbid if I missed Saved by the Bell, Hey Dude, or Rescue 911!



However, those that know me know that I am reality TV junkie…and I will still be watching in Hulu Plus and Netflix style!!!!  Streaming it on my TV for the full effect of cable is my plan!



I'm a little disappointed that I won't be able to watch football or basketball, but that is just a great excuse to visit a friend or a bar!!!  :)



6 comments:

  1. TWO GRAND?! Yikes!! We pay about $169/mo... I think Scott and I need to evaluate our cable, and if we *really* need it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quite ridculous! I am over paying that bill!!! :)

      Delete
  2. $2000 A YEAR? That is insane! I agree with you - that money would be much better spent at the bar! :) Do you miss not having cable? I'm getting married in march and I'm wondering if we even need to get cable. I hardly ever watch tv and I feel like between Netflix and Hulu we can get the rest there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't miss it at all!!! I get all the shows I watch on Hulu and Netflix so I am satisifed. I don't like constantly moving my computer to my bedroom and back to my living room, but if that's the least of my worries then it's no big deal!!! :)

      Delete
  3. I know how you feel! I cancelled my cable a year ago and I don't miss it at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is good to know!!! I did miss it this afternoon when I woke up from my night shift and wanted to watch a little football before going back to work...but it's only the first Sunday that I haven't had it...hoping I won't miss it too much more!! :)

      Delete