Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

Half Marathon Update: week 4

Week 4 has come and gone...thank goodness!!!  I have been training for my half marathon for a month now, and I feel great!!!  There have been runs that have been difficult, runs that have been easy, strength days that I have despised, rest days that I look forward to, but all in all this training has taken me to places that I never knew I could go!  I told me sister this weekend that I kind of wish I would have found the love of running long before now!  With all the difficult days I have endured, I have found an inner strength that I never knew I had!

Week 4:
Monday: Strength & Stretching...I spent an hour with Jillian Michaels.  I have increased the time I spend with the good ol' JM!!!!
Tuesday: 3.5 miles
Wednesday: 2 miles
Thursday:  I was supposed to do 3.5 miles, but with traveling to KS for the weekend, I didn't get it in and I felt guilty about it.
Friday: REST...I was going to run the 3.5 miles that I was supposed to run on Thursday, but I didn't :( womp, womp....
Saturday: 40 minutes cross training...my little sister picked me up at 8am from my mom & dad's and we hit the gym.  I did 10 minutes of sprints on the treadmill and 30 minutes on the elliptical.
Sunday: 5 miles....I did this even though the run was not fun AT ALL!!!!!!!

It was 62 degrees out, and my face is red...you would have thought that it was 100 degrees!

5 miles...D-O-N-E!!!!!

I was definitely faking this smile and thumbs-up....those 5 miles were hard!!!

Week 4....D-O-N-E!!!!


This saying is one that keeps me going!!! 

8 more weeks until ROCK THE PARKWAY!!!! :)


4 comments: