Pages

Monday, March 4, 2013

Half Marathon Update: Week 6

I can't believe that I am half way done with my half marathon training!!  When I started I never thought April 13th would be here...and here it is right around the corner and I couldn't be more excited!!!  I am really starting to love running and the way it makes me feel!

When I am stressed...I RUN.
When I am happy...I RUN.
When I am tired...I RUN.
When I feel fat...I RUN.
When I am sore...I RUN.
When I am full of anxiety...I RUN. {which is more often than I ever thought...I need a diagnoses....haha!!}

I run when I am feeling all sorts of emotions and after pounding the pavement {even if it is just for 2 miles} I finish feeling amazing!  There is just something about it that clears my mind, body, and soul!

Week 6:
Monday: Strength & Stretching...however, I ran my 6 miles from last week due to being out of town for the the weekend and missing my long run on Sunday.
Tuesday: 4 miles
Wednesday: 2 miles...I decided to do 30 minutes on the ellipitcal...my training program says to do 2 miles or cross training....since I did 6 miles on Monday, I just wasn't feeling the whole running thing
Thursday: 4 miles...I laid in bed and talked myself out of this run several times, but when I looked at the weather there was no way I was going to miss out on the good weather, so I pounded the miles out
Friday: REST...I ran a ton of errands and had an eye appt...
Saturday:  This weekend I was supposed to run in a 5K...and well it slipped my mind and I didn't sign up for on, so I hit the gym and did the elliptical for 40 minutes.
Sunday:  I ran 4 miles...I was just going to do the 5K that I was supposed to run this weekend, and when I was setting my RunKeeper, I fought with myself about doing 3.5 miles or 4...and I did FOUR!!!!


Sunday was 65 degrees when I was running my 4 miles...Colorado weather is the definition of bipolar!

Yes, Yes...I ran in my glasses...and yes it sucked...but it's my life this week as I get ready for Lasik eye surgery on Friday!



Week 6...D-O-N-E



HALFWAY DONE!!!  

39 DAYS until ROCK THE PARKWAY!!!



2 comments:

  1. Woohoo for another week in the books!
    Thanks to your genius idea, I printed off a new training sheet so I could cross off each day with different fancy colors. It's almost like the colors give me even more motivation to knock out a few more miles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am getting so excited!!! It's now finally feels like I could actually run 13.1 miles!!! I am seeing the light!!! :) Hope your training is going well!! :)

      Delete