Pages

Monday, March 25, 2013

Half Marathon Update: Week 9



Three weeks left to the big half marathon that I have looked forward to, sweated buckets of sweat, dreaded many runs...and here I am...ALMOST THERE!!!  It's so hard to believe!

This weekend I was supposed to run a 10K, but it snowed a little too much & the race was cancelled!  So, I ran a 10K with a friend on Sunday afternoon!  Halfway through my run, my phone got too cold and shut down...it turned off and I couldn't get it to turn back on...womp womp...I was so irritated without music, but I made it!!  6.2 miles...the whole way!

When my music turned off, my mind started going!  I didn't realize all the stuff that I think about when I am running because I am usually listening to music, so it drowns out my thoughts...once that music was gone I really paid attention to what I was thinking about...and my mind was everywhere!!

I thought about:
*my nephew that is coming into this world in a few short weeks...I wondered what he was going to look like, what is name was going to be, how he would fit into our family...then I freaked out and thought I better get his baby blanket finished because he could be here any moment.
*what I was going to wear to my friend's 30th birthday party in KC after I run my half marathon...would I wear my blue skinny jeans, with my sheer white top and tan heels...my new chevron dress that I really want to wear to my new nephew's baptism and I can't wear it that close together, what about those green skinny jeans and a tan top...hmm what other dresses do I have...oh yeah there's that one that didn't fit and now does, but I need lilac heels...maybe I want to wear that one for Easter...shit, I need to get some new clothes!
*I wonder how my jiggly-ness has changed since I first started running...I wish the sun was out so that I can see my shadow and judge for myself...oh it's probably good the sun it's out...what I don't see the better!
*I wonder what Hudson & Nicholas are doing (my other nephews)....I can't forget to skype with my sister tonight so that I can see them (yup, I forgot).
*The KU game has started, I wonder how they are doing...will they win this one!  If they are in the national championship I will be at home on my vacation with mom and dad...I wonder what we will do...will we sit at home and eat mom's famous appetizers?  I can't wait to listen to mom yell at the TV (she could seriously be the best college basketball coach!)
*God, how much longer do I have??  I am so over this run... (look at my garmin watch), oh, I only have 1.5 miles left...I can't quit now!  I'm almost there!  Ok, speed it up a bit, you will get done sooner if you run faster.  Look at that old man running...if he can do it then there is no reason I should be thinking about stopping before I'm finished...damn, there a lot of runners out today even though it's freakin' cold...OMG, I'm hot... I put on too many clothes...

See, my mind races...it was amazing to me how much it did race when my music was off...I was all over the place!!!

Week 8....
Monday: Strength & Stretching....I just did 30 min. of Jillian today!
Tuesday: 4.5 miles
Wednesday: 3 miles
Thursday: 4.5 miles...I took 2 rests days before my 10K so I didn't run today
Friday: REST!!!
Saturday...this day was supposed to be my 10K, since it was cancelled I did 50 minutes on the ellitpical while watching Colorado St. get stomped by Louisville
Sunday: I ran a 10K with my friend Rosa!


6.2 miles....D-O-N-E


It was a chilly 27 degrees, but felt like 22 degrees!! 


The snowy trail!  I got a few pics in before my phone shut off from the cold!


This guy was fishing....


Week 9....D-O-N-E!!!!





4 comments:

  1. It's so tough to make yourself run in the cold--well done, lady! I loved reading your internal monologue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate!!! It is tough, but for some reason I like it a lot better than running in the heat!!!

      Delete
  2. My mind is ALL.OVER.THE.PLACE when I run. I need to try turning the music down to really get a feel for where my thoughts head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know how much my mind was all over the place until I had no music to listen to! Now, I know that I might be on the verge of crazy! :)

      Delete