Pages

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Half Marathon Update: Week 8



This week was one that I wasn't sure that I would be able to complete.  I had that taunting 8 mile run that stared at me all week from the fridge.  I was nervous....

Week 8:
Monday: Strength & Stretching
Tuesday: 4.5 miles
Wednesday: 3 miles
Thursday: 4.5 miles...I didn't run because I broke my phone to the point that it wouldn't work and I needed to get it fixed.  However, I got there and they didn't have a front glass for a white 4S iphone...and well that ruined my day!!!
Friday: Rest....I got on my bike for the first time this season...and I sure missed it!  My friend and I rode 20 miles down to a different place and got my phone fixed!
Saturday:  50 minutes of cross training...I love that elliptical!!!
Sunday:  The BIG 8 miles...
       Location: A friend of mine and I went to Berkley park...we thought it was longer around the lake then it was, but it was only a mile...so it was kind of boring!  She headed off into the neighborhood some of the time, but I stayed in the park!
       Weather:  It was nice, but windy so it was a little chilly!  I debated whether to wear a fleece while       running and decided not to, at times I regretted it, other times I was glad that I didn't have it on
        How I felt:  During the whole run, I felt good!  At the end my calves started to cramp and I was sore when I was done.  I used a sustain drink during the run and it didn't taste the best, but I think that it helped me as I ran! Overall, it was good run! After the run, I went home and spent 1 1/2 hours in the bathtub...I needed the soak for my muscles!  It was fabulous!!!

Berkley Park!


Pounding out those 8 miles!



5 miles +


3 miles = 8 MILES!!!



I got a new running toy!  I bought a garmin watch...and I love it!!!  I haven't quite figured out how to get the information to download on to garminconnect yet, but I will get it figured out soon!


My nice bath...oh it was so great when I got to soak!!!


Week 8...D-O-N-E
I can't believe I only have 4 more weeks until the big half marathon!!!




25 days until ROCK THE PARKWAY!!!




2 comments:

  1. I have the 7-miler coming up this weekend, a bath will be a must post run. Fabulous idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard that an ice bath really helps with soreness, but I don't have the balls do emerge myself in a bath full of ice, but the warm bath felt awesome and I wasn't sore the next day! Good luck!!

      Delete