Pages

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Half Marathon #2 Training: Week 2 & 3

I have let me training updates fall by the way side!  It's been a while since I have even wrote a post!  That means life has been busy...and the first thing to take the back burner is the good ole blog!  As much as I love it, there are just some things that are more important...such as work, family, & friends!

My second half marathon training is still in full throttle...there are times I switch up the days I run with the days that I rest so that it makes my life a little easier...I definitely continue to dread some runs, but once they are over I feel amazing! I think that is the only reason I keep going...the way I feel when I am done is worth the hot sweaty runs!

Week 2:
Monday: Strength & Stretching...Jillian always kicks me rear...and many days after I do her video I am reminded that she put me through the ringer several days prior!
Tuesday: 3 mile run...
Wednesday: 2 mile run...I always look forward to this run...it's short and quick!
Thursday: 3 mile run...
Friday: REST...I love this day the best!!!
Saturday: 30 minute cross training....I like this day as I get to do something different!  Love the elliptical!!!
Sunday: 4 mile run....my "long" run of the week!


Post run 4 mile run!!! 



Week 3:
Monday: Strength & Stretching....I had a massive headache when I woke up, so I went back to bed for an hour and didn't let Jillian boss me around...
Tuesday: 3.5 miles...we are increasing the milage here people!
Wednesday:  2 miles...I drove to KS to spend time with my family and my little sister and I ran this run in the dark...and we rocked it! We ran a 9:30 min/mile, which is quite amazing for me! She pushes me beyond my comfort level and I LOVE IT!!!
Thursday: 3.5 miles....after getting up at 6:30am for 7:00am mass for The Assumption of Mary and a 3 hour afternoon nap...the sister and I took a break....
Friday: REST...the sister and I ran 3.5 miles that we were supposed to run on Thursday!!  Again we rocked it!!!
Saturday:  40 minute cross-training...the sister and I headed to the gym bright and early at 6:15am...way too early for me!
Sunday: 5 miles....the sister and I pounded out 5 miles!  Again...we freaking rocked it!! We kept a pace of 10:00 min/mile!  I love that she pushes me to have a better pace!  I just wish she could run every run with me!

I love this!!! :)


As week 3 ended and week 4 has began...I have a ton of motivation that is compliments of my sister and a another blog that I follow!  I love Desiree and her blog!  She just ran a half marathon this weekend and reading her re-cap gave me amazing motivation!  Of course it helps that she has the most adorable little boy, her husband is a K-State alum, and they used to live in KC!  I love people with KS roots!!! :)  Thanks for the lighting a fire under my arse and giving me the motivation that I needed to get up and moving this week!!!

2 comments:

  1. Aw, thank you for the sweet shout out!!
    Looks like your training is going great. I'm pretty sure we're running 1/2s about the same time in October!!
    Love that running quote. I might have to print it out and stick it to my bathroom mirror.
    Cheers to some great runs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome!!! I stay motivated through you!!!

      Delete