Pages

Monday, September 16, 2013

The place where I belong...

I haven't blogged in again, what would be ages...
I think about it........a lot.
I don't want to do it.
I have other things on my mind.
I am working on a project for my adorable nephews.
But mostly, I have just not wanted to sit down, turn the thoughts in my head to write a good post, so I just haven't done it.
There are time when I want to keep up with it, and then there are those times, when I just don't want to do it!

With that being said, I have decided to get caught up on the Blogtember link-up that has been going around...
...and well, I am 6 days behind...but here I am, in the middle of the night, deciding that I am ready to write.



 Blogtember Day 1: Describe where or what you come from. The people, the places, and/or the factors that make up who you are.

When I think about where I came from I think of the song "Home" by Daughtry.
I loved this song the second that I heard it.
It describes every part of what I came from....family, love, friends, small town community, and the life I was given from my parents.

"I'm staring out into the night, trying to hide the pain.  I'm going to the place where love and feeling good don't ever cost a thing.  And the pain you feel's a different kind of pain."
There have been many times when I just need to go home.
To walk into my parent's door and feel the love they have for me.
They don't even have to tell me they love me...
...it's just there, that overwhelming feeling of walking into a place where you are you all.the.time!
At times when I am hurting, their love for me, my sister's, my nephews, and my brother-in-laws help mask the pain.
And they do, they make it feel different.
The different pain that you know it's still there, but you know that you will always be loved no matter what you are going through, what you do, how you act...and most importantly just for who are you.



"Well I'm going home.  Back to the place where I belong, and your love has always been enough for me.  I'm not running from.  No, I think you got me all wrong.  I don't regret this life I chose for me.  But these places and these faces are getting old, so I'm going home.  Well I'm going home."
Going home, it isn't just the love I get from my family.
It's also the community I grew up in.
It's a place that I couldn't wait to leave, graduating high school had soon become something that I desired to come sooner.
I wanted out of the little small town that knew every.single.thing about me.
I wanted my space and privacy. 
I wanted people to not know a single thing about me. 
I wanted the city, and I wanted it bad.
Now, I love going back to that little dot on the map of 2,000 people...
There is something about it that puts my heart at ease.
There is something to be said about rolling into town and knowing almost every one you pass on the street.
There is something to be said about that house that sits on Royal street that I remember everytime I hear "The House that Built Me" by Miranda Lambert.
Growing up in a small community is an experience that most people snub their nose at, but that place is a place where I feel most at home...
I belong there, among the people that loved me, helped raise me, and still support me in my life events.
The places and the faces there never get old, they make my heart smile when I need it the most.



"The miles are getting longer, it seems, the closer I get to you.  I've not always been the best man or friend for you.  But your love remains true.  And I don't know why.  You always seem to give me another try."
The miles between my friends have been thousands.
But, I always know they are still there.
I have the best friends from every aspect of my life, that I cherish every day.
From high school to college to sorority sisters to  nursing school to my time in eastern KS, to travel nursing, and to the time I have now spent in Denver.
These people have made each aspect of my life more than lively.
Even though there are some that I don't talked to that often and see even less...I know they are there and every time I call they give me another chance at being the best friend I could be.
The ones that I see more often continue to bless me with one of the greatest gifts...friendship....
...to someone that sometimes it hard to be friend with. 
For that...I am grateful to have friends that are there in the worst of times and are the first to forgive me.
They help make me who I am...



"Be careful what you wish for, 'cause you just might get is all.  You just might get it all, and then some you don't want.  Be careful what you wish, 'cause you just might get is all. You just might get it all."
The biggest part of who I am is my faith. 
I am a true believer.
I have things I wish for...big, sometimes unrealitisic wishes.
I know that if I give those wishes to God, his plan for me will give me what I need.
Sometimes I get things I don't want, that are less than desirable....but I get through...through his enduring love and wisdom.
He knows what he is doing.
He gives me what I can handle.
What I don't think I can handle, I pray about...and my wishes are taken care of because I always seem to get through the tough times.
All because of HIM....



"Oh, well I'm going home, back to the place where I belong, and where your love has always been enough for me.  I'm not running from.  No, I think you got me all wrong.  I don't regret this life I chose for me.  But these places and these faces are getting old.  I said these places and these faces are getting old, so I'm going home.  I'm going home."

The people, the places, the factors in my life that make me who I am will always live on in my heart and soul...
They will continue to help me become a better person.
The best person I can be...


No comments:

Post a Comment