Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Colder Bolder 5K


Well, I did it!   I ran the Colder Bolder 5K on Saturday with a group of friends form work!  We had a blast and I see more races in our future!

Recap on the race:
The weather was more than ideal on Dec. 1st...it was about 50 degrees when we started the race and it only got warmer from there!  There were a few times that I was thinking that wore too many clothes!  I wished I would have went with that t-shirt instead of my under armour cold gear!
The race started out good, and I was doing fine until I hit the mile 1 mark...the end of the first mile ended with a hill and it was a bad deal from there.  I lost my breathing and my legs were barking at me...and well, my side started to cramp.  I never could get rid of my side cramp the rest of the race no matter how deep I breathed, how slow I ran; no matter what it was an annoying little cramp that reminded me that I could do better than I was doing for the next 2.1 miles! However, when I finished I had a fabulous cheering team waiting at the finish line!  I had a great time and am glad that I did it!  Here's to the next race!

Stats:
Place: 580/860
Time: 32:46
Pace: 10:33/mile
These stats aren't what I would have liked to see...but it gives me something to work toward for the next race!  Hey, I never said that I was a fast runner, I have just said that I DON'T QUIT!!!!

Post race with our post race beer!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment