Pages

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Grandma's Christmas Tree

When I was a child, every year we would get a small package from my Grandma Chaput and it was always the Hallmark Granddaughter Christmas ornament.  I have ornaments dating back to my very first Christmas in 1983.  When I was younger decorating the Christmas tree was one of the greatest traditions that we had as a family!  Every other year it was "Grandma's Christmas Tree"!  My sister's and I busted out the boxes with our names on them and put up ornaments from the year we born to the current year.
This year I decided to carry on this tradition myself!  Last year my tree was black and silver, but this year my Christmas tree is full of memories.  Not only do I have the ornaments that I received all those years from my grandma, but I added the ones that I bought when I was on different trips!

Here are a few close ups of some of the ornaments that adorn my tree...

Grandchild's First Christmas 1983

"Granddaughter- You're So Sweet" 1995

"A Granddaughter is a special joy" 1991

"Granddaughter, you are the apple of my eye" 1992

"Season after season, a Granddaughter grows dearer and dearer" 1986

This angel I bought this summer while in Assisi, Italy

This Alcatraz, CA ornament, I bought in 2009 when my cousin got married!

Another tradition that my family has are stockings!  My mom has made each one of our stockings the year we were born, or the year that my brother-in-laws joined the family!  These stockings have been under our trees for years!  I have to say that mine is the cutest and 29 years later it still makes an appearance under my Christmas tree!  Now, I just have to remember to take it home when I go to KS for Christmas...yes, Santa still comes at 29 years old!!!


Last, but not least is my little girl in front of the Christmas tree!  Last year she was deathly afraid of it, but this year it's a game to run around it when her sister Gia is visiting! 






No comments:

Post a Comment