Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2012

C25K Graduate!!!!

It's official...I have finished my last C25K (couch to 5K) run and am a graduate of the program!!!  I am excited to put my running ability to effect on Saturday at the Colder Boulder 5K!


A little bit about the program:
1. It's actually called Ease to 5K, but I like Couch to 5K better even though I didn't start from the couch!  When I started this program this last spring I was completely out of shape and I did start at the very beginning.  It worked great and eased you in slowly!
2. I looked forward to the walking intervals in the program each day, then on week 6 the program made you jump to a 20 minutes run...when I saw that I about had a heart attack, thinking "I can never run for 20 minutes straight".  I did it and I didn't give up!
3.  I wish that the program trained you in distance and not time.  Even though you can run 30 minutes at a time, if your pace isn't 10 minute/mile then you won't get 3.1 miles in those 30 minutes.  However, I just programmed the runs into the my RunKeeper app, and the last week I programed 3.25 miles and 3.5 miles instead of 30 minutes.
4.  I always programmed my runs into my RunKeeper app, even though the Ease to 5K app will alert you to run and walk.  I used RunKeeper because it not only gave my my distance, the time, and minutes/per mile, but it also gives you a calorie count.  It also interrupts your music every 5 minutes and updates you on the progress of your run! Picture of the app below!

5.  After finishing C25K yesterday I felt like I have accomplished something getting me excited to start Bridge to 10K soon!  Finishing something that you start gives you motivation that you can do it and to keep going!  
6.  While running I had to keep reminding myself that the time doesn't matter and just keep my legs moving.  When I would finish a run even though I struggled, it was an accomplishment.  I also got some motivation from Mama Laughlin.  She told her story, was vulnerable, and kept going!  When I get tired and her typed words on her blog enter into my head and I "just keep going!"

After Colder Boulder on Saturday I will start Bridge to 10K until January 21st, my first half marathon training day!  I downloaded the program last night, and I have to say I'm a little intimadated, but I am going to do it and accomplish another goal!  Here's to B210K!!!


After I saw my aunt had liked a motivational quote on Facebook from iDrinktoRun facebook page, I was hooked!  I liked the page and their first post everyday is something motivational!  I love the quotes, photos, and motivation that they post.  The other posts throughout the day are a little far fetched because they go from motivation to running to drink...but these first posts of the day give me what I need to dig a little deeper and lace up the sneaks, pull on the under armour cold gear, strap on my phone, set my RunKeeper...and pound the pavement!  I got this little piece of motivation from iDrinktoRun!




No comments:

Post a Comment