Pages

Monday, August 5, 2013

Part 2: Who are you?


Continuing on with Part 2 of Who are you?  Let's see what you get to learn about me today!!

*If you had 3 wishes, what would you wish for?*
1.  I wish...some people were able to stay alive forever, mostly my Grandpa Honas and Grandma Chaput!  The hurt that my heart felt when they were called to heaven was the most hurt I have ever felt.
2.  I wish...that the bullying in this world was nonexistent....there is nothing worse that a child getting bullied and thinking there is no hope for them.  No one deserves to feel like that...EVER!
3.  I wish...everyone the best of health with the ability to live life without suffering!  There is so much disease in this world and so many people are suffering...

*What is your dream job, and why?*
My dream job is to be a real life princess...think of all the little girls in this world that play princess and dress up as one...they dream of one day growing up to be a princess!  Damn you, Kate Middleton for your childhood dream to become a princess actually coming true!!  Maybe I could start royalty in America....I would have to say that I would be nothing like the Kardashians...especially Kim! Hey, Harry's still available and the cutest one anyway!!!



*What are 5 passions you have?*
1.  I am passionate about my faith!  I am not one to push it on other people, but I will jump at the chance to stand up for it when someone doesn't have their facts straight or educate someone about Catholicism when they ask.  Other than those two instances, I just try to spread my faith with my actions!
2.  My profession...I love being a nurse and helping other people at their worst and best times.  It's amazing how many miracles really do happen!

3.  My Family...I will drop everything at the spur of the moment to be there for my family!  They are the people that I love the most and spending time with them is on of the best times ever!

4.  Finishing something that I start....when I was growing up it wasn't an option to quit a sport, project, or really anything without finishing it.  My mom and dad didn't expect us to be pros at what we started, but we could not quit!  Not quitting is something that has continued with me in life, no matter how bad it sucks, I have finished everything that I have started...it builds character!!!
5.  Holding on to traditions...I love traditions, especially those traditions that were started by my grandparents!  Christmas Eve is always a favorite of mine because my Grandpa loved it so much and it was the same every year!  I love making foods that remind me of different people and different memories.  M sister's had a rosary in their wedding bouquet that my mom bought for my grandma in 1990's when my parents went to Rome.  The baptismal gown that my nephews were baptized in were made out of my grandma, my mom, and my sister's wedding gowns.  I love to crochet because my Grandma taught me.  Traditions are something that I hold very dear to me heart!

*List 10 people that have influenced you and describe how.*
1. Grandpa Honas:  He taught me lessons that I still live by today!  The memories I have with him before he died have been some of the best memories I have!

2. My Dad:  He is the most kind hearted person on the face of the earth!  He has always been the peace maker of the family and our family needs that with 3 girls around!  He has so much love to give, I find it hard to find a guy that matches up to him!
3.  My Mom:  She is the most loving mother ever, is she hard on us sometimes...absolutely, but I know that she only does it because she loves us and only wants the best for us in every aspect of life!
4. Jera:  My oldest sister has went through things in life that we never thought would happen to our family, but she went through life with grace!  She was able to over come those tough times and make a beautiful life for herself!  I look up to her not only because of her grace, but because she loves her faith and life even though she has been dealt her fair share of hurt and struggle...she NEVER gave up!
5.  Tori: My baby sister is someone that keeps me grounded.  She doesn't give me any bullish*it, she says it how it is...as hard as it might be!  She is rational and makes me want to be like her more and more everyday!
6.  Grandma Chaput:  No one could ever have the most humble heart than this woman...she was so humble and loved her grandchildren like no other!  Not to mention, I loved the cold butterfingers that were always in her bottom drawer of the fridge!

7.  Grandma Honas:  When growing up, she was someone that I looked up to as she ran her household with compassion!  She was passionate about making everyone around her happy and their bellies full.  She would sit back and be the last person to eat on the holidays, while doing dishes as dirty plates came in.  As I have gotten older, alzheimer's has overcome her, which has only made me love her even more. 
8. Kim Riffel:  This lady was my OB professor when I was in nursing school.  All the nursing students were so scared of her...but when I was struggling, she helped me!  Although I hated OB, she made me believe in myself when I thought I was going to fail.  I remember my mom thanking her for believing in me at my pinning ceremony, and she said, "You just know when a person as enough passion to be able to do this profession."  I will never forget her for as long as I live!
9.  Father Bob:  Even though I am not sure that Father Bob even knows my existence, he has influenced me to my core!  Every weekend when I leave mass, I leave with a message that makes me think about the way I'm living my life!  He gives me something to think about for the week and for that it helps me to be a better Catholic.  
10.  Ashley:  I think about her all the time!  She helped me when I stepped completely out of my comfort zone and became a travel nurse.  She was there for me both professionally and personally, and I loved her for that!  I looked forward to her phone calls, and even though we don't talk as much as we should, I consider her a great friend because she helped me grow in ways that I never thought I could!  

*Describe your most embarrassing moment*
Man, when I think about this I think about the time when I was in a patients room helping her to the bathroom, and I, well I let out a silent, but deadly _ _ _ _! (you fill in the blank!).  My patient was mortified, and said "I am so sorry, I didn't realize I even did that...I was so embarrassed, but if you think I was going to fess up to that one, you are crazy!  Yes, I left the patients room letting her think that smelly little thing came from her body! Moral of the story...don't eat too much fiber before work!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Being a princess would be so awesome! My friends and I used to play "princesses" for hours on end when we were little...
    Quitting was never an option for my brother and me growing up, either. There were times I BEGGED my folks to let me quit a sport, but I had to stick it through to the end. I had no idea how much they were teaching me then.
    Your embarrassing story? BAHAHA!!! I'm dying!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the lessons that our parents taught us!! We thought they were so annoying back then, however they knew it all!!! :)

      Delete