Pages

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Part 4: Who are you??

PART 4

*What are your 5 greatest accomplishments?*

1. Graduating college....my degree is something that I hold dear to my heart because I know how much work, how many tears, and how much I sacrificed to get it!  I am not a student...I hate school...so going to college I didn't know what it meant to study...I quickly found out!  My mom told me about a year ago that she was really nervous that I would never make it through college...and here I am, 7 years out and thinking about more education!
2. Running my first half marathon...I was so proud of myself!  If anyone knows me, they know that I hated running when I was growing up...you couldn't pay me enough to run...let a lone run for fun!  However, when I crossed that finish line after running 13.1 miles, I was proud and wanted more!
3. Being a good friend...sometimes this isn't easy...people will change and so will you, but if you stay true to yourself you will be able to be the best friend ever.  I pride myself in being a good friend, I know what it's like to think you have the best friend in the world, and then she's gone...I haven't talked to her in 7+ years and I think about her a lot because I have no idea what happened, she just stopped answering my phone calls and never called back...so, I never want to make anyone feel like that.
4. Being independent....I always thought I would be that girl that got married right out of college and always have a man to help me through life, that is far from what has happened...God showed me for trying to plan what was going to happen in my life...however, I wouldn't have it any other way...I know too many people that are so dependent and I am grateful for the fact that I know I can do everything that I need to in life myself...independence is a great thing! 
5. Getting back to my faith...as I was growing up not going to mass wasn't an option, we went every weekend as a family....but as I went to college my faith took the back burner, I fell sideways and it didn't matter as much to me.  As I was going through a tough time in my life, I turned to my faith, but I wasn't sure if I was worthy because I put it on the back burner for some time.  As I realized it was helping the healing in my heart I knew I would never put it on the back burner again, and it has become the most important thing in my life!

*What is the thing you most wish you were great at?*
Hmmm...this is a toughy because I wish I was great at a lot of things...but I think as I get more and more into running and cycling, I wish I was great at swimming...I would love to do a triathlon...but, I can't swim!  I never remember passing a swim lesson when I was younger and to this day I don't like to swim!

*What do you think your spouse loves most about you?*
I am not married, but someday I hope that my spouse loves that I love my faith more than anything!  There is nothing like having a threesome...well so I hear...you, your husband, and God!

*How did you feel the moment you became a parent?*
I don't have any kids, and you know, I am not sure that I ever want to have kids.  I just might be to selfish!

*Describe 3 significant memories from your childhood.*
1. I remember this babysitter, she was MEAN!!!  She put me  in my closet because I didn't want to go to bed upstairs all by myself while she and my sister were in the basement watching TV....my closet doors had these metal things that were screwed into the bottom of the doors that criss-crossed when the doors were closed to keep them shut, and one of those metal things hit me in the eye and gave me a black eye.  Needless to say when my parents got home, my dad left to take her home and when my mom came to check on me, I was still in my closet, sleeping on my shoes.  A few years later, my family was taking a road trip to CA and as we were pulling out of the driveway my Dad said, "If you girl's fight on the way to CA I am turning around and hiring Terri to baby-sit you." Needless to say, we didn't make a peep until we were on the road for 3 hours!!!
2.  My sister's and I would spend a week each summer with my grandparents.  We loved spending time at my aunt and uncle's farm while we were there.  We feed calves, rode in tractors and combines, played in the dirt, and just had a care-free week on the farm.  Not to mention, we also eat well!  Grandma's make the best food!
3.  Riding the neighbors horses...my little sister and I would call them and ask when they were coming to ride horses...we loved riding those horses!  One day, Sunny took off while I was riding him and when he stopped I fell off of him, and my mom made me get back on...even though I was crying and never wanted to get back on a horse again! I overcame that  fear, but I am not much of a horse person anymore!  I'll leave that to someone else!

No comments:

Post a Comment