Pages

Monday, June 24, 2013

100K

My great friend Sabra...aka my bike riding buddy signed up for an organized bike ride in Loveland in May!  It was our first metric century ride...100K...62 miles!  It was a great ride with some beautiful sites!

As I was climbing a hill for the first time this riding season...I was shouting like a sailor in my head!  I was not ready for this ride...totally not in shape, physically or mentally.  It takes a lot to be able to climb these mountains and hills of CO...and I have done harder climbs...I just wasn't ready for this ride!  I hadn't been on my bike as much as I should have been, but when I came around the corner at the end of the climb it was worth every single cuss word and pedal...it was BEAUTIFUL!!!  Carter lake...


As I crossed the bridge with a canyon on one side of me and the lake on the other side...I thought "Damn, I could be in one of those pictures on the front of a cycling magazine." It was that gorgeous!!!  

The whole ride had great views including Horsetooth Reservoir, I wasn't able to capture any photos because I was in awe of the views, trying to climb, and then had an amazing downhill that got to 35 mph...so a photo wasn't possible!  But, just believe me when I say it was gorgeous! 


First metric century...D-O-N-E!!!

...and I'm still smiling!

There is not a bike ride that is complete until you have a post-ride brew!!!



2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous ride! My hubs keeps telling me I need to get on a bike, and I keep dragging my feet. Maybe, just maybe this has helped push me in the right direction. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love cycling!! It's a great workout and a break from running to much!!!

      Delete