Pages

Thursday, December 5, 2013

So Thankful….

Thanksgiving was absolutely amazing this year!!!  I headed to Oakley to spend 5 days with my family…we were all there…every.single.one.of.us!  Some made an 8 hour drive, some made a 3 hour drive…and some well they made 5 block drive!  No matter the distance we all came together for great memories and family time!

My mom made a fabulous spread of food…and no one walked away hungry!  I made the pumpkin pie and my little sister made the apple pie!


The spoiled nephews!!!  Love them!

SISTERS!!!

Nana & Papa and their boys!

Love them!!!

My Godson Owen!!!  



After Thanksgiving the "girls" and the "babies" made the trip to Hays to see my grandma that is in a nursing home!  Of course she didn't know who we were, but that doesn't matter any more!  She is still grandma…and we al had great visit!  She loved the babies and held Owen for a long time…with a smile on her face!  We met up with my mom's brother and sister and their families for lunch…it's always great to get together with them and see my cousin…oh my how they have grown up!!!


Hudson showing Great Grandma Alice his car!

Owen and Great Grandma Alice

Great-Grandsons!


Sisters with Grandma Alice



Cousins!



Friday night our small hometown had a light parade and firework display complete with smokes and hot chocolate!  We headed downtown in the chilly weather and enjoyed the perks of a small town!  Hudson had a ball with all the trucks, police cars, fire trucks, ambulances, and of course the tow truck that just happened to have "Mader" from Cars on the back of it!  He was in heaven!!!  The glow in his eyes and the smile on his face was priceless!

We had the 2 cutest turkeys!

The Potter's!

Nick and I

Family!




Mom and her girls!

Nick making his smore!


Saturday was the most gorgeous day ever! It was close to 65 degrees! I spent the morning watching Finding Nemo with Hudson, my 2 year old nephew and enjoying coffee by the fire! I went on a long run and went driving with Nicholas who is learning to drive!!!  Nothing like being able to practice in a small town!  Then we were off to church!  We have a little tradition of going to the Oakley Country Club every Saturday night after mass…and that we did!  After we headed back home we popped open another bottle of champagne and sat around the living room and had small talk as everyone was headed home the next day!


 
I am such a family person, and I cherish every time we are together!
I have so much to be thankful for!
I am sad that "our" holiday is already over this year, but it is one that I won't forget!!!
Here's to working Christmas…..


2 comments:

  1. Your time home sounds perfect. I love that the town has a light parade and fireworks!
    And, holy moly, you look so much like your sister with the shorter hair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fabulous time!!! That is my little sister…we have always looked a like…my older sister is the odd ball out!!! HAHA!!!

      Delete