Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Venus de Miles



All summer long my friend Sabra and I were planning, training, anticipating, dreading, looking forward to, and ultimately counting down the days until our big bike ride of the summer...Venus de Miles!
Venus de Miles sponsors the Greenhouse scholars which helps under privileged kids go to college.  These kids have mentors that guide them to their decisions of higher education.
Sabra came up with the idea to sign up for this ride that was 67 miles...at the time I was like..."oh, yea, I will be able to ride 67 miles by the end of August", and I am not going to lie, when we were driving up to the parking lot I was so freaking nervous!
We started this ride and at first I was thinking that I have to put the pedal to the metal....but after the first 10 miles and the first rest stop, it was such a relaxing, go as fast as you want ride!  Sabra and I were able to ride side by side and talk about life events!  I do have to say that the state of Colorado is amazing!!!  During our 67 mile ride we encountered an amazing view of 10 hot air balloons, gorgeous mountains, fabulous weather, nice people, beautiful views, and cute wildlife.  We rode through 3 towns, climbed an 8 mile canyon, travelled down several highways, encountered lots of traffic, and ultimately had a blast!  Once I started this ride, I never regretted it!

Our first rest stop...we loved this Bike Caffe! 

The little bear cub that we saw!  Quick pictures and then we were outta there...who knows where mama bear was!


67 miles...we were so done!!!  Exhausted!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment