Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Lookout Mountain

I have gotten into to road biking and I have great friends that I have helped me to understand what gear I needed, where the trails are and where they go, how to get out of my clips without falling on my face, and they are always willing to go on a ride!  After a month of figuring this road biking out my friends decided it was time to climb Lookout Mountain.  So, we had this brilliant idea of starting at Morrison and riding to the base of Lookout Mountain for a warm-up...and well it was definitely a warm-up...7 miles later we were finally at the base of Lookout Mountain!

Sabra and I at the base of Lookout Mountain...we were happy, but soon to have a change of mood when we started climbing!

We climbed this 5 mile, 1,600 elevation gain mountain in about an hour...and when we got to the top we hated the world!!!  It was difficult and to top it off by the time we got to the top it was over 100 degrees!  Not only were our legs burning, butts aching, and shoulders screaming we were over-heated!!!  I know that 5 miles doesn't seems that far, since you have read my Facebook and saw that I have recently done a 67 mile ride, but when you are climbing and it's your first time climbing...it's not fun!!!  Even though I was cussing the whole time I was climbing this mountain, I was also looking at the views that the beautiful state of CO has to offer and I said to myself multiple times..."I love Colorado!"


We finally made it to the top!!!!!


Since the first time we climbed Lookout Mountain we have climbed it couple of more times...the second time it was a great ride that we turned into a 37 mile ride through Evergreen and back down through Bear Creek Canyon...Sabra and I decided it was an epic ride!  Then, we decided to do it a third time...and well it was kind of like the first time...


No comments:

Post a Comment