Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Small Town Girl

Posted May 15, 2016 on www.caringbridge.org/visit/allisonchaput

I've always been proud to be from a small town….a place where I didn't have a worry in the world when I was growing up!  My mom and dad could let us loose on our bikes or roller blades and they didn't have to worry about who would take us.  Since my diagnosis, I didn't know exactly how powerful a small town is.  The cards, care packages, gifts, messages, and texts that I have received from my small town have been amazing.   
Some people I talk to quite often, others I haven't talked to since we have graduated high school, but none the less, you have all pulled together to make this small town girl feel very loved!  
Yesterday, I had breakfast with several of my high school classmates and we always pick up right where we left off.  But, after breakfast, I was presented with the most thoughtful gift ever!
To the Class of 2002,
I am proud to have graduated with such an amazing group of people.  As we all grew up and went our separate directions, life has carried to all end of the earth, but we have never strayed from each other at heart.  I thank you from the very bottom of my heart for the amazing gift card for sushi for when I win this battle.  I will remember each and every one of you as I am listening to the play list you made me, and the memories of when those songs playing during our time growing up together.  As I fight this battle, I am so very confident that you all have my back.  There is a lot to be said about child hood friends.  As each of you pray for me during this journey know that I am praying for you all!  Thank you!  Holly, Jeff, Amanda, Kendra, and Travis….thank you for breakfast and making the time to see me!  It was great to see all of you!
To the 510 Fitness group,
Thank you so very much for the beautiful cross that you sent me!  It's hanging on the wall and continuously reminds me of staying hopeful through this journey!  Do me a favor, hug that sister of mine!  As much as she tries to stay strong, she needs a big hug….don't let that smile of hers fool you!  The next time I am home, I will be joining in on the fun at the 510 garage!!!  
To all of my parents friends,
Thank you for supporting my mom and dad while they are home.  I know they so badly want to be here 24/7, but the reality is, they need their life to be normal too.  I appreciate all you did for them while they were here in Denver for the 5 days I was in the hospital.  I know it kind of feels to some of you that your own daughter has cancer, but know that I am good and strong!  I will be home as soon as I can, and I will be waiting to see you all!  Rich and Joyce, thank you so very much for driving to Denver to see me while I was in the hospital!  I don't remember much of that day, but thank you for being there for my mom and dad! 
To everyone that has sent a card,
Even though some of your return addresses are from different states, and some are from Oakley, know that I smiled every time I opened one!  To get a card from some people that I just merely keep up with on Facebook warmed my heart tremendously!  
To all those you donated on my you caring.com site,
Thank you so very much for your generosity.  Know that what is being raised there will be going to all my medical bills as they start to come in.  I take those donations very seriously.  I will forever be indebted to you!  Thank you!

You all know how to make your own feel like a queen!  Our town may be small, but you are mighty and fight hard for your own.  I am so very proud to call Oakley my hometown!  Thank you all so much for everything that you have done for me, my parents, and my sisters during this difficult time in our lives!  We may look strong and courageous, but we all have days were we are not, don't hesitate to give us a hug!  Love and prayers to each and everyone of you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment