Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Wiggin' Out

Posted May 20, 2016 on www.caringbridge.org/visit/allisonchaput

I never in my life thought I would end up at a wig boutique buying a wig for my potential hair loss due to chemotherapy. On, Wednesday I did just that! My good friends Sabra and Ting were by my side helping me pick out a wig! Even though it's not what I wanted to be doing or what I wanted to be buying, the ladies at the boutique made it an amazing experience! They were so knowledgeable about cancer and chemotherapy. And about wigs! Who knew that there was that much to know about wigs! The lady helping me predicts that I will only have 20-30% of my hair left after treatment. If any one has ran their hands through my hair they know that 20-30% left of this already thin and fine hair is basically nothing, so I bought my wig! It matched my hair color perfectly and is just a touch longer than my hair now as I wanted long for an up- do for my wedding! This thin and fine head of hair will find itself buzzed and maybe an of the wall color when it starts falling out or thinning! When will I ever have an excuse to do something crazy with my hair and still have my dad smile when I walk in the door, NEVER! So, why not!?!?! 
My hair has not started falling out yet, but along with wanting my first chemo treatment to be in control, I want to be prepared. Plus I refuse to be the bald bridesmaid in my friends wedding in June! 
Last night and this morning all of my prayers were lifted up for my aunt, my mom's little sister, who is having surgery today for renal cell carcinoma. My aunt is the one who took me in when I was a travel nurse in Hays, KS. Her and her husband never thought twice about letting me stay with them on their farm for 3 months, and boy, did I learn a lot by being on that farm! So, if you have a few mintues today, say a prayer for her and her family!

No comments:

Post a Comment