Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2016

My heart is overflowing



Posted May 9, 2016 on www.caringbridge.org/visit/allisonchaput

To say that my heart is overflowing is an understatement!  I have been so touched by all the calls, texts, cards, flowers, packages, and comments on this site.  You all are helping me through this journey and will continue to as I re-read every single comment.  
First of all, I want to say Happy Mother's Day to all my beautiful friends and family….I was lucky enough to spend Mother's Day with both of my moms!  My mom was here and so was Ian's mom, and we had a joyous time!  We were able to get some wedding stuff done and just spend time with each other.  My mom and I were even able to take a nap together and it was wonderful being able to snuggle with my mama!  
My side effects haven't been to bad. I think that I am mostly just anxious as I don't know what I am suppose to feel.  I have been tired, nauseous, and had horrible heartburn, but the flu-like symptoms never showed up!  I'm loving nightly soaks in epsom salt with lavender.   Today, I have more energy and am not nauseous!  I am upset that I am just not feeling coffee….I love coffee, but just the smell of it makes my stomach turn!  
I am continuing to work on my class and will take my final on Wednesday.  After my final, I will just have to schedule my assessment check-off with my professor as I was suppose to do it when I was in the hospital.  After this class, I will take a break from school in order to take care of myself.  It saddens me that I will have to take a break, but I know that it is most important to take care of me at this point!  
Ian and I were talking the other day about me taking a break from school, and I looked at him and said, "Remember 3 weeks ago, when we were talking about my school, and I had it all planned out and when we would start to try to have kids so that we would have a baby right after I graduated?"  He just laughed at me and said you are always planning everything out.  I responded with, "God sure had his laugh at me planning out our life."  I guess that's what I get for trying to plan everything out!  You never know what life will bring you!  
As I have seen a lot of pictures pop up on Facebook, I often catch myself wondering if I had cancer in many of the pictures.  It's hard not to think about when this nasty disease started invading my body and pictures from the past make me wonder.  I look at my face and see how happy I was, and then it hits me, I could have been growing this nasty stuff then.  
We continue on with daily life as it is right now.  Ian is working and needs to in order to keep his mind occupied and to bring in the cash flow!  HAHA!!  I tease him that he is my sugar daddy!  I am working on our marriage requirements and class!  We will have a normal life!  That is all I want….I don't want this cancer to define our lives, we will define the cancer!  The one thing that stuck with me during our education session with the nurse practitioner was when she said, "The only restrictions we put on you are the restrictions that you put on yourself."  I was so happy that I don't have to live in a bubble and sit on my couch during my treatment.  My mom and I talked about me going back to work when I am released, and I figured that she would hesitate in wanting me to do that, but we both agreed that I need to go back to work in order for things to be normal.  
Today, I sat and thanked God for the sunshine, for giving me the strength to get through my first treatment, for surrounding me in his love when I was in church on Sunday (I sure felt it and had tears flowing from my eyes), for giving me people that love me, for giving me this life, and for him.  He continues to give me the strength, faith, love, and courage that I need!  Each day gets better!  

No comments:

Post a Comment