Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

Anxiety, Miles, & BABY!!!!

Once again it has been a while since I have updated my blog...I made it back alive from my journey from Delaware....thankfully! This time of the year the Midwest has quite the storms! I got the privilege to drive through one, now I have driven through nasty storms before, but with the thought of the tornados that had hit Missouri and Kansas a few days before I began my journey, I was a little more than concerned! The tornados never crossed my mind until a friend that lives in KC text me to tell me that there were tornados touching down in KC, then I became a little worry wart! However, I did have my very own, personal weather lady back in KC that was watching the doppler for me (Thanks Karisa!!!). Everything was great and the sky was clear until I hit Illinois...and I could see the nasty clouds! I would describe this rainfall as a monsoon, the wind was blowing, it hailed, and I could see the clouds moving....thank god they weren't spinning...I seriousy had an anxiety attack like I have never experienced in my life! Now, I had just told my friends in Delaware that I have never had any anxiety before, and I seriously don't want any anxiety for the rest of my life after experiencing that! I had my hands wrapped around the steering wheel so tight that my knuckles were white when I finally let go, my heart was beating so fast that I swear it was laying on the dash of my car, I was sweating, and my face was so close to the wind shield that my chin was sitting on top of the steering wheel....every car in front of my was pulling off, but I knew that if I would have pulled off and stopped to wait until the storm passed I probably would have ripped the inside of my car up...so I continued through it and finally made it through the storm without a tornado! Thank goodness, I said so many prayers as I was driving through that storm!!

Since that crazy long drive, I have been here, there, and everywhere! I spent an evening in KC with some great friends, back to Oakley for my sister's bridal shower, to Manhattan, KS for my sister's bachelorette party, to Lincoln, NE and spent several days with my sister and her fiancé, to Omaha, NE to meet my nursing recruiter, and finally back to Oakley where I will stay until next Monday when I start my new assignment in Hays, KS!

We have a big week ahead of us with my little sister getting married this weekend! We can't wait to add one more person to our family! My maid of honor speech has already made me cry!

On another note...we were surprised to find out that my older sister is expecting in January 14th, the same day that two of my best friends celebrate their birthday!! It's been 12 years since Nicholas was born so we are all so excited! I can't wait to be an aunt again!

No comments:

Post a Comment