Pages

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving the Southern TX!!!

After a long weekend in KC, I came back to Corpus and just three short days later, my mom and dad came down to Southern TX for Thanksgiving!!!  I know that many of you have heard me say it before, but I seriously have the best family a girl could ask for!!!  I have parents that I respect and look up to more than anything in the world, the two most amazing sisters that I trust with everything and adore completely, the most handsome nephew a person could ask for that only has to give me those "puppy dog" eyes and he gets anything he wants, the best brother-in-laws that love my sisters with everything they have, even if that is the only thing that I ask for, they give my family and my sisters so much more!!!
So, my parents made the trip to southern TX and we had a great Thanksgiving weekend!!!  Of course my mom, the exerciser that she is, made me get up bright and early, well early to me when I'm not working, but late to mom on anyday, ok it was 8:45am, and go on a power walk!!  We walked for what seemed like just a few mintues, but 1 hour and 15 minutes and 4 miles later, we were done!!!  The weather on Thanksgiving was beautiful despite the wind!!  For dinner we went to Port Arnasas where my dad's friends from Oakley winter from Nov to April!  In their RV park, a bunch of their friends got together and made a fantastic feast!!!  The highlight was the pineapple crisp!!  I got it because I thought it was apple crisp, which I LOVE, then I took a bit and it was pineapple, and pretty much heavenly!!!  After we went back to my condo, we were seriously in our pajamas at 6:30pm, and in bed by 9:00!!! 
Friday was so cold here in Corpus that mom and I were not able to walk, we woke up and it was 30 degrees!!!  It was pretty much like KS!!!  We spent the morning at the Texas State Aquarium!!!  It was small, but fun!!!  That afternoon we decided to go to a movie since it was so chilly out!!!  I suggested Due Date, I had already seen this movie with my friend Joe, but it was funny and there wasn't really anything else!!!  I was praying that mom and dad would like it!!  Once we got into the theatre, and the movie started, the first f-bomb was dropped and I was a little worried!!  But as we were walking out, my mom said that was a pretty funny movie, so the pressure was off!!!  However, they may go back to KS and tell their friends, "Alli took us to this movie, and I can't believe that she would take us to that kind of movie."  Oh well, they both laughed several times!!!!


After the movie, we went back to Port Aransas to meet my dad's friends for dinner!!!  We got to the island a little early so we went to walk on the beach!!  It was a site for sure, since it was cold I was wearing my Ugg boots on the beach!! 





On Saturday, we went to the USS Lexington, an aircraft carrier that  served in WWII!!! I see this ship everyday when I am leaving or going home, but I never imaged that it was as big as it is! Now, I wasn't very excited about going because I am not a big history buff, but my dad was super excited!!!  However, it was pretty entertaining and educational!!!  I would have been ok if we were there for 2 hours tops, but oh no, we were there for 4 HOURS!!!  By the time we were finished, I was starving, thirsty, my feet hurt, and I was ready to go!!!  My dad could have stayed there for several more hours!!!  Thank goodness, mom was on my side and ready to go too!!! 






Saturday night, my mom, dad, and I celebrated the 1st Sunday of Advent at the Corpus Christi Cathedral.  As I sat in mass, I was reviewing the life that I have lived, and as the homily was being said everything just hit home!!  I am soooo blessed!!! 


The weekend ended with a trip to Best Buy because my dad wanted to "check out" the ipad, which I happen to have on my Christmas list!  Of course, running through my mind is the thought that, oh good he is going to buy it right now for me, but take it home and wrap it!  Well, my happy little thought was blown when we walked out of Best Buy with an ipad, but not for me, for mom and dad...their Christmas gift to each other!!!  Oh, my parents!!! 
 It was a fabulous weekend and I can't wait to continue my journey as a travel nurse and have them come visit me every place!!!  I can't wait to get back for to KS for Christmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment