Pages

Friday, July 19, 2013

Mt. Bierstadt


Last weekend I climb my first 14er...Mt. Bierstadt!  Fourteeners are popular here in CO, everyone is doing it!  Climbing to 14, 000 ft above sea level is the thing to do!  I got this idea to climb this bad boy last week when I was tired of cycling and running! My friend's jumped at the thought of doing it!  

Once I got to the trailhead and saw where the finish was I began to wonder what the hell I got myself in to!  It took about 3.5 hours to get the top...and when I got to the top is was amazing!  The views where gorgeous and you could see about 4 other 14er peaks!  I can't wait for the next one next weekend!

We were on the top for about 45 minutes and the clouds started rolling in...the thunder started!  It was scary when you are actually standing in a cloud and it starts thundering!  The hair on some people's head was standing straight out, people were getting shocked when they touched rocks, and everyone was making a mad dash to get off the mountain!  It started raining and the rocks were super slippery...Rosa fell a couple times, but all be damned if we were going to die on the top of that mountain by getting struck by lightening!

We got down safely and it was a great experience!  I was exhausted, but loved every minute of it!!! 






We are going to end up at the top of the peak on the right!  But that ridge was amazing!!!




Clouds starting to roll in while we were on the top.










Taking a break on our way down!!!


Waiting for the other at the top!








I went out and bought these hiking shoes the day before...they are amazing and are totally worth it!  It was a great blister-free hike!!! 

We all 3 finally made it to the top!!!


I love the sun rays in this photo...an iphone can be a great camera!






It was a beautiful amazing day...I can't wait until our next 14er next weekend!  Our group has multiplied and I can't wait to hike more of this beautiful state with great people!  I say all the time "I love this state!" Colorado is absolutely amazing!!! 

2 comments:

  1. Amazing views!
    What a scary experience to be IN a cloud while it's thundering. Woah!

    ReplyDelete