Pages

Friday, July 12, 2013

Road Trip to TX

At the end of May, my friend Rosa and I packed up the car and headed to San Antonio for a week!  It was a long road trip to say the least!!!  Rosa picked me up after 3 day stretch of 12 hour shifts after I got off work Wednesday morning and off we went! I snoozed until we got to TX, then took over the driver seat for the rest of the drive!

There isn't a road to TX that isn't complete with Whataburger...love!!!  


Rosa decided to get out the handy atlas when she thought that our navigator Sally was mistaken!



The view in my rearview mirror...



We arrived in San Antonio at the wee hour of 1am, and headed straight to bed!!!

Day 1:
After sleeping in, we headed to get our hair done and had lunch!!!  We explored the city a bit and then waited for Rosa's mom to get home to make some oh-so-yummy mexican food!  It was amazing!!!  We didn't indulge in that yummy food until we went for a run, in the nasty humidity...it was hot!!! That evening we just relaxed after our long road trip!

Day 2:
We travelled up to Austin to help Rosa's sister move some things back to San Antonio.  We then indulged in some yogurt and headed to a wine bar that evening!  They had some great wine!!

Rosa and I at the wine bar!

Day 3:
We went shopping and then headed to meet Rosa's friend's for lunch...it was the biggest day of the trip because we were soon going to be serenaded by George Strait!  I love good ole fashion country music! The concert was great with Miranda Lambert and Martina McBride opening for George!  The concert was crazy long, but worth every penny!  

Waiting for George...

Day 4: 
I got up and went to mass and then we headed out to meet Rosa's friends for brunch!  


After brunch we headed to the Riverwalk!  We visited the Alamo, took a boat ride down the river, walked along the river and had sushi for dinner!  It was a great day to just explore the historical part of San Antonio!  
Rosa and I on the Riverwalk!!!

Day 5:
We headed to the Natural Bridge Tavern and the drive thru zoo!!!  The Natural Bridge Taverns were pretty amazing!!!  And the zoo, well it was fun to throw food out of the window to the animals!  

This part of the caverns was amazing...all of the different shapes, columns etc. are made from the natural water that flows through them!


Emerald water...so pretty!



Baby eating...


Getting a little too close for my comfort!



Mean ole ostrich!  


We accumulated a ton of food when all the of the people leaving gave us their extra food!  


You would have thought that these guys were never fed!  

Day 6:
We left San Antonio at the butt crack of dawn and drove back to CO!!!  I drove the first leg this time and Rosa took the wheel the second half!  I have a major case of narcolepsy when I am the passenger seat of a car on long road trips, so of course I slept the whole second half of the trip back to CO!

We had a great trip and I really enjoyed meeting Rosa's family and friends!  They are great people!  Can't wait to take our next road trip!!!

While we were on the trip, Rosa and I signed up for my 2nd half marathon and her first!  We start training on July 29th!!!  We will be Rockin' n Rollin' in Denver on Oct. 20th!!!  YAY!!!!  








2 comments:

  1. What a fun time!
    I LOVE that multicolored maxi dress - adorable!!
    YAY for your next 1/2! I'm running one the weekend before you!! Our training schedules will be similar again. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      I love that dress!!!
      YAY!!! Glad that we can train "together" again!!! Can't wait for that colorful training schedule to be full of color!!! It's already on my fridge!

      Delete