Pages

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Baby Owen's Baptism

So, I'm back....I've been on a hiatus lately and I can't really tell you why...well actually is goes something like this....
I've been having WAY too much fun!!!  Between vacation, bike rides, day concerts, weekends of stupidity, runs, and work...well the fun stops at work, but what the heck, it consumes some of my time! I decided that tonight was the night that I take the time to knock a few blogs of my never ending list of things to share...I'll probably add more tomorrow, but now is just as good as a time than ever!!!


Back to the title of this blog....

On May 4th, my mom and her twin sister's 60th birthday...we baptized my new nephew Owen Zachary!  My sister asked to to stand up and be his Godmother, and of course with out delay I said yes.  I was more than delighted to be his Godmother.  I hold my faith dear to me, and to be able to share that with Owen and help him to love his faith as much as I do is a a complete honor!  Little Owen was baptized in the church that I grew up in learning about my faith and it will be the church that he will learn all the things I did.


Owen wore the baptismal gown that we had made out of my grandma's, my mom's, and both my sister's wedding gowns...my nephew Hudson wore this gown a little over a year ago.  Every time I show someone a picture of this gown, they go on and on about it.  It's beautiful and has so much meaning!  Owen is laying on the blanket that I crocheted him when he was born!  



Owen with Father Mike, his mom and dad, and his godparents


La-la-love my family!

Godparents!!!!! :)

Owen being baptized!

No comments:

Post a Comment