Pages

Monday, April 8, 2013

Half Marathon Update: Week 11

Here I am, on the last week of my half marathon training...I can't believe that I started this training on January 21st....thinking that April 13th would never get here...and here I am a week away from the one event that I have spent countless hours training for, thinking about, planning, hating, yet loving, sweating, looking forward too!  I never thought in a million years that I would be less than a week away from on the biggest events in life that I never thought I would EVER do!  I have had great support as I have ran my heart out for the last 11 weeks...
*my mom: she is always asking me how it is going and how I am feeling!  When I got done running my 10 miles yesterday she met me at the door asking me if I was ok, what she could get me, and told me to sit down.  An hour later she was asking the same things!
*my baby sister:  she has been asking how my runs are, how far I had to run this week or that week, and I know that she wants to be in KC on Saturday cheering me on, but she just had a baby a week ago.
*my great friends, Lexie & Mel.:  these two girls are running the half with me and have kept me motivated all these weeks!  With all the facebook posts, keeks, texts, and phone calls, these girls have kept me going!!!  I can't wait to actually run beside them this weekend instead of hearing about their runs via keek!
*my fabulous friend Rosa:  she has kept me going by doing some of my runs with me!  She motivates me to keep going just by running herself!!  She has made great strides since she started running and I am so proud of her!

Week 10:
Monday: Strength & Stretching:  I ran my 5 miles that I was supposed to run on Tuesday
Tuesday: 5 miles:  I didn't do anything because I had an eye appt.
Wednesday: 3 miles
Thursday: 5 miles: I didn't run because I was busy doing laundry, cleaning, and packing for my trip to KS
Friday: REST
Saturday: 60 min. cross training....again I did nothing because all my family was at my mom and dad's and I didn't want to miss one minute of time with my older sister and her family!
Sunday: 10 miles....yup, I ran 10 miles in the wind...and it sucked!  But I did it and I was so proud of myself! yes, my legs were jello, my lips were wind burnt, my feet were on fire, my arms were sun burnt, but I DID IT!!!  When I was done I had this sense of accomplishment overcome and it was an amazing feeling!!!

My watching is proof that I finished the whole 10 miles!!!



I decided to run my 10 miles in the country...and well...it was BORING!!!  These 3 pictures where my view for 90% of the time!  Running on the gravel wasn't that bad, it was just that I didn't have anything to look at!


10 miles....D-O-N-E





True Story!!!




2 comments:

  1. Though your view might have been monotonous I'm jealous you're there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will be there soon!!! Just keep runnin'!

      Delete