Pages

Monday, April 1, 2013

Half Marathon Update: week 10

Here we are...2 weeks until the big race that I have been preparing for since January!  It's coming so fast...and I have to say that I am READY!!!  I had a moment of weakness last week when I lost my motivation and was just about to throw in the towel...then I had a great run.  I felt great running and when I was done I was smiling...I was ready to keep running!  It doesn't help that I have been getting antsy to get on my bike and ride miles!

Week 10:
Monday: Strength & Stretching:  I didn't do anything this day...I was not in the mood and I had other things that I needed to do!
Tuesday: 5 miles...this was the day that I was COMPLETELY over this whole running deal....
Wednesday: 3 miles....I was still over it!
Thursday:  5 miles...I drove to KS and ran when I got home...I wasn't over it anymore...my run was great and I felt great!
Friday: REST...my pregnant sister that is about to pop wanted to go for a walk....so we walked...3 miles...but still had no baby!
Saturday: cross training:  I ran my long run of 9 miles instead because I didn't want to run it on Easter...and it wasn't bad!  I was dreading it, but I felt like I rocked it!  I could have ran faster...but I was getting kind of bored in my small home town!
Sunday...I did nothing....I mean nothing but a 3 hour nap!!!




Small town water tower!



I ran by my parent's house about 3 times...


9 miles...D-O-N-E


Smile of accomplishment.....




Week 10....D-O-N-E


I never though I would call myself a RUNNER...but that's who I am now!  And...I LOVE IT!!!






2 comments:

  1. YAY! Way to go girlie!
    I had a similar running week. I did.not.want to run my 8 miles. It was Easter weekend, and I'd over indulged at two different meals. Then I ran my long run and felt ah-may-zing!
    If the 1/2 were tomorrow I'm pretty sure I'd be ready.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it amazing!!! I never thought I would feel so good in my life!!! I can't wait until my 1/2 in just two weeks!!! :) Glad your training is going so well!!!

      Delete