Pages

Friday, November 16, 2012

Twenty Nine

Here I am, in the second day of my last year in the twenties!  How did that happen?  Where has the time gone?  It seems like just yesterday that I was graduating high school, in fact I got a text yesterday on my birthday from my best friend from high school saying that it's hard to believe we are almost out of our twenties!
Yesterday was a great great day to start my 29th year of life...I slept in, sat on the couch and drank my coffee while Mia snored in my lap, caught up on some of my DVR'd shows (I'm so far behind), and then after much self-motivation I laced up my sneaks and went for a run!  I spent the afternoon at the spa with a great friend getting a massage, mani, and pedi...I needed that massage sooooo bad and it was wonderful! We met some more friends out for sushi and I got to take a bath in white wine when the beloved Rosa hit her wine glass and it went all over my face, that stuff seriously dripped off my chin...all I can say is that thanks be to the Lord that it was white wine and not red like the rest of us were drinking! After dinner we went to a wine bar and just had girl chit chat until we closed the place down!  I can still remember the birthdays when I had to go to the clubs and dance until me heart was content, but I can't tell you how much more I appreciate a nice relaxing evening with a bottle (or 3) of wine with great friends!
This weekend is one full of relaxation, DVR, and running!  I can't tell you how nice it is to be able to relax and fly by the seat of my pants for a couple days!  The last two weeks have been completely packed with things to do and I haven't had a free night to relax until last night!  Well, I'm off to take Mia on a walk to the mailbox so that I can get all my birthday cards, I was given instructions from my little sister to wait until today to get my mail so that her card would be on time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment