Pages

Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

Believe it or not, but I'm glad that Thanksgiving is in the books...I'm not trying to be a sour puss, but I get this way every year when it comes to the holidays because I know there is at least one if not two holidays that I will spend without my family at work...and Thanksgiving was that holiday this year.  I go into a depressed mood and usually end up crying as I am driving to work...I spared the tears this year, but I was still depressed that I was headed to work when my sister's were enjoying their in-laws, and my parents were with my dad's family in Kansas City...but it's over and now I can look forward to Christmas as we will all be together in KS.  
With that being said, I do have to say that I made my first turkey this year!  We took in a Thanksgiving potluck to work and I signed up to take the turkey.  All the employees got a turkey and a holiday ham from the hospital, so I decided I would make it and take it to the potluck.  And....drumroll please....it turned out great!!!  


My mom bought this electric knife like 3 or 4 years ago when my older sister's knife shot craps...well so she thought...she got Jera's knife to work and I inherited this brand new knife, never to be used...until this year!!  I opened the box and thought this knife was a fancy one!!!  


My first turkey...so good!!!  I didn't have anything to inject it with, so I made the broth to inject and just poured it in the inside of the turkey and cooked in upside down in the oven!  My apartment smelled AMAZING and the turkey was delish!

Friday afternoon, Mia and I loaded the car and headed to KS to see my sister, her husband, and her cute little baby bump!!!  It was a relaxing weekend in rural KS!  Friday night was spent in downtown Oakley at the light parade, making smores, and watching the city fireworks that weren't about to be set off during 4th of July!  
Saturday I got up and went for a run, Tori, Darren, and I had Don's Drive-In for lunch....soooo good!!! We went to church and then Tori and I headed to Colby and ate at the mexican restaurant and went to the new Twilight movie....and I have to say that it was pretty good, but it's hard to believe that series of movies is over!!  Now on to the next Hunger Games movies!!!!


Here are the pups in front of Tori's Christmas tree...I'm was shocked that we got them to stop playing for a few snapshots of their cuteness!


CONFESSION TIME:
So, I haven't logged my calories in at least 3 days and I have only ran one day since Wednesday...and well the scale showed my lack of motivation!  I knew that I wasn't going to run Thursday because I needed to carve the turkey that I made for work and pack for the weekend back in Oakley...and i knew Friday wasn't going to happen either because I needed to get a quick nap in after work and then drive to Oakley not getting there before dark.  Saturday, I ran 3.25 miles...and well Sunday, I was tired and my back was killing me...so it didn't happen!  
And well, I didn't eat the greatest either!  So, it's back to the calorie counting and running!!! With that being said...I have a race on Saturday and I need to light that fire under my arse...so I'm off to run in 30 degree weather!  

Today's Motivation!



No comments:

Post a Comment