Pages

Monday, November 19, 2012

C25K: W8D1

I got a phone call at 0dark:30 {ok it was 0845} this morning from a fellow nurse...and a dayshift nurse at that...I answered that phone call with a groggy, you just woke me up voice and I got this happy-go-lucky voice on the other end that I wanted to punch...what did she want??  She wanted me to meet her at Sloan Lake in 15 minutes to go running...I had a list of questions that went something like this...

"What time of the morning is it?"
"Are you serious?"
"How do I get there?"
"Like, right now?"

With every question I had, she had an answer and a good one!  So, what happened...I peeled myself off my bed, got dressed, made a cup of coffee, took Mia out to potty, and was then headed to Sloan Lake to complete my daily run!  

I would have to say that I am so glad Rosa called me this morning to go for that run because it felt so good and for once today while I was pounding out my steps on that pavement I thought to myself..."I'm so glad that I made this commitment."  Truthfully, I can't wait to get up tomorrow morning and do my W8D2 (Week 8 Day 2) run at Washington Park!  

After the fabulous morning run we had brunch then headed to Sports Authority for some much needed Under Armour cold gear.  Right now the weather is fantastic, but give it a week or so and it'll be the freezing CO weather that we are used too....I have made a vow to run outside as long as the temperature stays above 30 degrees...any lower and you will find me the gym at my apartment complex!!!  


I purchased this top....


...and these pants!  I can't wait to wear them tomorrow!!!

As I read one blog, I find another blog about weight loss, running, half marathon training...which most of the time I become addicted and then follow them to see how they can continue to inspire me to become healthy and become a runner, but one thing that I haven't had the balls to do yet is share my weight with the world...I don't know that I will ever be able to do that...and for right now I'm ok with that!  I have been staying on a 1200-1500 calories/day diet and doing my running/cycling 5 days/week...and in the last 2 weeks I have lost 7.6 lbs...and I am more than happy with that.  When I started C25K at week 4 I wasn't counting calories...just running thinking that starting one thing at time it plenty...but then it happened...I was running outside in the opposite direction of the sun and I about had a heart attack with the way my shadow looked as I was running...the thighs, hips, and arse...well they jiggled and jiggled a little too much for my liking....I kept thinking..."I wonder what people that are running or cycling behind me think."  So, I started the calorie counting...and I have seen progress on the scale, but not yet in my clothes, body, etc.  As the scale goes down...all I can say MOTIVATION!!!!!  It's an amazing feeling to have that scale drop 4.0 lbs in one week and 3.6 lbs. the next week (I have only weighed myself 2 weeks in a row).  So, with that being said...I still eat what I want but in moderation and I count every calorie that enters my mouth!  Maybe, someday I will be ok with letting the world know my weight...but right now it's between me and that little bathroom scale that has made me happy the last 2 weeks for the first time in a long time!






No comments:

Post a Comment