Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

Sunrise over the Atlantic Ocean

Today, I made myself get up at 6:45 am and go out to the beach to watch the sunrise!!  It was beautiful!!  It was so quiet and was a great time for some self reflection!  Even, though it was 35 degrees, it was fabulous!

While was I was out there waiting for the sun to peek over the ocean I found these little critters:

A horseshoe crab...I found him on his back.  I kicked him around a bit, but I think he was already on his back for way too long.  I kicked him over and he didn't move, but when I went out to the beach a little later this afternoon, he was gone. 


This little crab was still alive, and I got him back to the water.  However, those stupid seagulls saw what I was doing and even though I tried hard to get this little guy back to the water alive, a seagull got him!  I wish at that moment I had a gun!!!  I would have shot that bird so fast!

1 comment:

  1. Keep the pics coming! That sunrise is BEAUTIFUL! You would never guess its almost freezing in those pics!

    Hope you are enjoying yourself!Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete