Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

ORIENTATION & DREAM OVERLOAD!!!!

OMG!!!!  This orientation is for  a nurse that has seriously never been in a hospital before!!  After a 40 hours of sitting in a classroom learning the ins and outs of Beebe Medical Center, 6 hours of drawing blood from people in the outpatient lab, 4 hours of computer orientation (only to find out I have 4 more hours to complete), 3 hours of powerpoints learning about aquapheresis and IABP, 45 mintues of a med. calculation test...I FINALLY get to take care of patients tomorrow!!!  Nonetheless, an open heart patient straight from the OR!!!  I'm jumping for joy!!!  I was on the floor for a little bit today doing more paperwork and met some great people.  One being, a travel nurse from the same company I work for and she is my age!!!  Double YAY!!!!  Even though my alarm will be going off at 5:00 am...I can't wait to do what I love tomorrow!!!
Today, I had to be at the outpatient lab at 7:00 am, so when I got up it was still dark out.  I was totally pumped I was going to get to see the sunrise over the Atlantic Ocean!!!  It was sooo pretty!!  Can't wait for more sunrises!
Since I have been here I have went to see a couple movies:

I love Jennifer Aniston...but this movie was just ok!!!  I did laugh out loud several times!!!


Oh Big Momma!!!  These movies never get old me, but I shouldn't have paid $7.50 to see this movie...it wasn't that good!!!  However, it too, made me laugh out loud!

So, I had a heart stopping experience this last week. I ran out the door to orientation at about 7:30 am, shut and double checked the door.  Now, I know I double checked it because I have been having trouble with it latching and I become very OCD when I am leaving the house.  I have to triple check to make sure that I have my keys before I shut the door, and I have to double check that the door latched (this is every place I have lived).  But, one day this week, I am be-bopping up to my door and it's open...I am pretty sure that my heart fell to my stomach!  I walked in, to find everything in the same perfect spot that I left it, but I double checked every closet and the tub, to find no one!!!  THANK YOU LORD!!!! 

I have no idea what is wrong with me, but usually I don't dream...well that I remember.  I haven't had a dream that I can remember in forever, until last night!  I didn't sleep at all, well it seemed like it because my head was spinning!  I had a total of 3 different dreams in a 6 hour span....I was EXHAUSTED to say the least! 
~Dream #1:  I owned a mini cooper...I have always thought that they were so cute!  Anyway, my mom and I were in downtown Washington DC driving this little car when all of a sudden those concrete blockades that either divide a highway or construction sites, just started to get narrow and kept getting even more narrow until I smashed this perfect little mini cooper right into it...all I remember was my mom yelling "Alli" like she did when I was in trouble when little....and that was it...it was over.
~Dream #2:  I was dreaming that this scorpion was crawling on me, and it actually felt like something was crawling on me...I woke up to my arms flailing around like I was drowning to get this scorpion off of me before it stung me...NUTS!!!
~Dream #3:  It seemed like this dream lasted for days!!  If any of you know my dad, you know that he is totally against tattoos...so much that he has threatened my sisters and I with our students loans if we get a tattoo, period...we will owe him that money in full!  Anyway, so apparently I decided that I was getting a tattoo in this dream...and I didn't get just one, but I got three of the dumbest tattoos EVER!!!!  The first tattoo was one that covered my entire left leg from my foot to my knee, it was a mixture of blue, red, and yellow and it had a KU Jayhawk that wrapped around my leg. DUMB!!!  The second one was a caricature of myself on my right calf, again ridculous!!!  The one was a square on my left arm where my forearm and elbow meet.  It was a square, and in the middle of the square it said, "basketball girl".  WTH!!!!  Through the rest of this dream I was trying to figure out how to hide these tattoos from my dad while we were on vacation to the beach in San Diego!  It was so stupid, but when I woke up I was sweating and really worked up!! I guess my dad knows exactly what to threaten us with!  Here's to a dreamless night!!!! :)

Tomorrow starts one of the most important seasons of my religion.  Lent!!!  A blog on Lent...to be continued!

No comments:

Post a Comment