Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

Weekend Happenings...

I began my Friday with no plans whatsoever and in a matter of an hour I had plans for every minute of the weekend!!!  What a great weekend it was!!!


Friday evening I headed to Mile High Stadium for the Broncos pep rally and it was....LAME-SAUCE!!!  My friend Lindsay and I walked around to the different vendors, listened to the band, and headed into the Broncos souvenir store...Lindsay bought a warm fleece blanket...I, well I saved my money for the prettier colors of red and yellow (you guessed it, I'm a Chiefs fan!).  After the lame-o pep rally we went to see Django...AMAZE-BALLS!!!  This movie was so good!!!  It was a long movie, but never once was I not intrigued with what was happening!!!  Of course we scored the yummy popcorn...a person can not go to a movie with indulging in the amazing popcorn!!!!

Quentin Tarantino is a pure genius.....

Saturday morning I reluctantly peeled myself out of my bed that is amazingly warmed by my mattress pad to take Miss Mia out in 11 degree weather....HOLY FREAKING COLD!!!  It was then that I started to dread agreeing to go the Broncos play-off game!  However, I pulled on my fat girl jeans with layers underneath (gotta keep at least on pair of fat girl jeans around for times like this when you need layers!!!) and went to the game!  I knew that I had to have a few drinks in order to stay warm...and the nice guys that were sitting beside us supplied us with crown royal and peppermint schnapps, and well I stayed half-way warm.  The beers that we bought were colder by the time we finished them than they were when we bought them...and they started to freeze...now that is when you know it's freakin' cold out!  The Broncos couldn't pull it off, but what did I really care...I just had a good time!!!  

It was a packed stadium!!!

Just arriving to the game...and still halfway warm!!


And we were frozen!!!  Our little noses didn't like the cold so much!

It took a couple hours after I got home to warm completely up, but I had a great time!!  Thanks Lindsay for asking me to go with you!!!! :)

Sunday, I got up and went to mass, ate some lunch, spent 30 minutes with Jillian Michaels, took a nap, and went into work for an extra shift...womp womp....

30 Day Shred by J.M. update:
I have spent the last 10 days on Level 1 and today I will move up to Level 2 for 10 more days....I have noticed that it is getting easier...and I'm sure that it will continue that way as I keep moving up!  I will keep you updated!  One thing that I regret is not taking before measurements...but I'll just see how my clothes fit when I'm done!  I have already put on a pair of dress pants that are beginning to be too big...WINNING!!!!  YAY!!!

B210K Update:
I literally have 4 more runs until I graduate...however the last 4 days have been just a little fridged outside so I will save those last 4 runs until it gets a little warmer...like high 30's instead of the teens!!!  I have a hate (there is no love about it) relationship with the treadmill and absolutely dread long runs on a treadmill...an 60+ minutes + the treadmill= no bueno!!!  Half marathon training starts Monday...and I do have to say I wasn't nervous until I typed that and then my stomach dropped to my knees!!!!  Here we go...I'm about to make Hal Higdon my B*TCH!!!!




1 comment:

  1. I have no idea how I stumbled upon your blog, but I'm so glad I did!! I'm doing 30 Day Shred too and I'm definitely glad that you said it feel start feeling easier, because currently she's kicking my butt! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete