Pages

Thursday, January 17, 2013

What keeps me going....

I had a 60 minute run today with my Bridge to 10K program that I have only 2 more runs until graduation!   As I was running, I asked myself why I was doing this....and besides the fact that I love the way I feel when I'm done, I came up with a list...

* The numbers on the scale keep falling lower and lower.
* My legs actually have defined muscles
* I am doing something that I never thought I was capable of doing
* I love seeing the added amount of calories on MyFitnessPal that I could eat if I wanted to (usually I don't eat them)

Then as I was thinking, I don't know that I can go anymore and I'm going to fail at this 60 minute run...

* I saw my shadow again, and well it still jiggles a little too much
* I saw a man riding a hot pink Barbie looking bike and it took my mind off of thinking I was dying
* I saw a Hottie McHottie playing catching with his dog and there was no way I would stop running when he could see me give up
* My ipod instantly started playing all the tunes that make me want to run faster!  Their beat just gets me moving a little faster:  
          -Wild Ones- Flo Rida
          -Payphone- Maroon 5
          -Somebody that I used to know- Gotye
          -I won't Give up- Jason Marz
          -Sexy Chick - David Guetta
          -Like a G6- Free Wired
          -Freedom - Nicki Minaj
       Those songs are just a few that get me to the end or make me kick it up a notch when I have slowed way down.
* I saw a man wearing a pink jacket....what was up with men and pink this morning!!!
* I saw the end...there is was and I was bound and determined to get there!  I got there alright, as soon as I saw the end I kicked it up a notch...and I FINISHED!!!

Today I have ran the farthest I have ever ran in my life!  And I AM PROUD!!!

On Monday, I become Hal Higdeon's bia, but when the 12 weeks are finished and I'm running that half marathon he will be become my bia!!!!

Right now, for the next 30 minutes I will become Jillian Michael's bia...here's to 30 day Shread....or should I say 30 day DREAD!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment