Pages

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Just the right fit...

I told myself after all the running I did last fall that I was going to go get fitted for running shoes after the holidays!  So, yesterday my friend Rosa and I headed out to Boulder Running Company and did just that!  The lady that helped us was really good and knew her stuff...she gave us a pair of shoes that had no support whatsoever and had us run on the treadmill while she recorded our run from our knees down.  She then replayed it for us and evaluated our run, come to find out I pronate my ankle in the worst way ever!  She let us try on several pairs of shoes to help fix our problems and then after we picked the ones we wanted she put us back on the treadmill...and there you have it, no pronation!  Simple right???
I walked out of there with a nice pair of Brooks running shoes that I have already ran 12 miles in!!!  Besides a blister, they are comfortable and just need a little break in!

Aren't they pretty?!?!?!??!

So, in addition to running I have started Jillian Michael's 30 day shred!  I will do her workouts every day for 30 days and see what happens!!  I love her, but boy does it get irritating when this skinny little b**** is yelling at you not to give up, keep going, you don't get any breaks when you only do a 20 minute work-out....but she has me pretty darn sore, so I guess I'll just let her yell at me!   Oh, and I can't wait until the Biggest Loser starts tomorrow...JILLIAN IS BACK!!!  YAY!!!


My half marathon training begins Jan. 21st and I have my schedule posted to the fridge, so I have no excuse not to see what my next run is!!!  I have to say that I just want the actual training to start already!!!  

Here's to ROCK THE PARKWAY...April 13, 2012!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment