Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

Half Marathon Update: Week 1

Yesterday I finished week 1 of half marathon training!!!  11 more weeks until I'll be running that big 13.1 miles!!!  The week looked like this...

Monday: Strength and Stretching...I did an hour with Jillian Michaels
Tuesday: 3 miles...I'm loving this awesome Colorado weather for runs outside
Wednesday: 2 miles + strength
Thursday: 3 miles
Friday: REST...but I ran a Virtual 5K
Saturday: 30 min. of cross training
Sunday: 4 miles

The longest run was 4 miles this week and it was a great run!  The trails were packed with so many people, bikes, strollers, dogs, etc. and it was good people watching!  I was just about to finish my 4 miles when I heard {through my music} stomping behind me....pretty soon this goof with MC Hammer headphones on and a giant backpack passed me...and I have always thought that I run heavy and I really try to focus on taking really light steps...but it sounded like this guy was seriously STOMPING!!!!  {and this quack PASSED me....UUUGGGG}

I know this picture is far away, but there he is!!!


Pounding out those miles!!!  Love the bright blue Colorado sky! {I need a new pair of headphones!!}


4 miles...D-O-N-E!!!!



1st week of half marathon training...D-O-N-E!!!!! :)

This week is a repeat of last week!  11 more weeks!!!!





4 comments:

  1. Great job Jo! 12 weeks will be gone before you know it and the big day will be here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mel.!!! I can't wait to be in KC with you and Lex in April!!!! :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks!!! Hope your training is going well!!!

      Delete