Pages

Friday, November 11, 2011

A week of nights....

Well, I started the night shift this week and surprisingly I was ready!!!  For most of you that know me, I'm not really a morning person....sleeping in is my specialty...like this morning, the alarm was set for 8:30 and I woke up with Mia snoring by my side at 10:30am.  So, I am totally a night person!  The transition was a lot easier than I ever thought it would be!!  A plus to working nights is that my friends that I met at orientation are also on nights, one of them works in the ICU with me as well!!!  I have told myself that I am working nights until I get my savings account back to where it was before I moved here!!!  Since I have been debt free, I am a money hoarder....once it's in my savings account, I cringe when I have to take some out just to live, and I had to to by some furniture!  Since the night shift is $5.75 more an hour and another $2.00 more on the weekend....it'll be a great income to get my savings account back where it was!!!
I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of my parents for the evening!!  They are coming to Denver for an apprieciation dinner for my uncle!!!  I'm soooo excited to see my uncle and my parents!!!
Right now, I'm getting a little laugh!  Mia does a really good job of entertaining herself....she is running full throttle from the living room to my bedroom with a toy in her mouth making it squeak!!!  This cute little rugrat about saw her life come to an end this last week!  I was sleeping on the couch after a night shift and she fell off the couch because she is too chicken to jump off. Well needless to say she created quite the disaster....she dug through on of my plants, got dirt everywhere and tried to eat the leaves...which surprised me that she continued to chew on the leaves because it was "Mr. Nasty", my cactus that she was chewing on. She also chewed up some cardboard that was on the floor with my new cell phone case....she was a bad little puppy that day!!!!!  But, I love her all the same!!! 
One more thing before I sign off....HAPPY VETERN'S DAY!!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment