Pages

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Annual Seminarian Dinner 2011

Last night my mom and dad came to Denver for the evening to go to the Annual Seminarian Dinner with the special guest ArchBishop Charles Chaput!  It was a fun event!  The wine, food, choir, and speakers were wonderful!  Last night was the first time I have seen my uncle since his installation in Philadelphia, and he looked sooo tired!!!  He has a lot on his plate, but I know that he will turn the Archdiocese of Philadelphia around!  It was great to see the smile on his face when we walked up to him a the VIP cocktail party because he had no idea we were going to be there!  He grabbed my hand and kissed it, then he saw the huge ring I was wearing....took it off, put it on his own finger and went over to another Bishop and said "This is what I wear in Philadelphia!"  He thought it was sooo funny and I'm glad that he could laugh!
A kid from Oakley is in the seminary here and his mom and dad have been friends with my mom and dad for a long time, so they also came to the dinner.  It was nice to see them and we all had a great time! Since the dinner was downtown at the Theatre Convention center and the train station was just a block away from the convention center, I decided to take the train downtown by myself for the first time!!  Much to my surprise, I never felt unsafe...it was cheap, and I didn't have to deal with Friday rush hour!  I'm so glad that I took the train!!    I'll leave with you some pictures...they were taken from my phone, so they aren't as good as quality as they could be, but they work!

Mom and I waiting for the dinner to begin!  We were kind of hiding so that Chuck wouldn't see us!

Mom and Dad outside the ballroom!

Dad and I waiting for Chuck to arrive!

Mom, Dad, and I at the dinner!
Mom, Dad, Sheri, Bob, Shawn, and I at the dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment