Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Vacation on the East Coast

After I completed my assignment in Hays, I hit I-70 and headed to KC to jump on a plane to Philadelphia!  I met my mom and dad in Philadelphia and together we cabbed it to a hotel in downtown Philly!  We were in Philly for my uncle's installation as ArchBishop of Philadelphia!  I can't even begin to tell you how proud we are on him!  Anyone that understands the issues that are going on in the Archdioease of Philadelphia, know that my uncle will have his hands full, but like the popular saying, "God doesn't give you what you can't handle." He will more than excell in his duties and will make the people of Philadelphia become more connected with catholicism.  As a family we are a little saddened that he will be thousands of miles away instead of a 3 hour drive when he lived in Denver, but we are very supportive and can't wait to visit him!
Here are few pictures from the installation:

My uncle Rex, Aunt Jolene, Mom, Dad, and I at the luncheon held prior to the installtion

Dad, Mom and I outside of the Archdioease of Philadelphia

Cardinal Rigali putting my uncle in the cathedra to make him offically the ArchBishop of Philadelphia

ArchBishop of Philadelphia Charles J. Chaput

                                      
Mom, Dad, and I in front of the alter in the Basilica


Mom, me, Aunt Jolene, Uncle Chuck, Dad, and Uncle Rex at a recption for Chuck thrown by the great people of Denver!

After the installtion my family toured around the city of Philadelphia and saw places like the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, St. John Neumann's shrine, and of course we had a Philly cheesesteak sandwich.  We had a good time, except for the 2.5 mile walk we made through the not so good part of Philly just to get the the St. John Neumann shrine.  Needless to say, I had an upset father who is not a fan of walking long distances anyway!!! 


Liberty Bell


Liberty Bell with my Aunt Charlene & Uncle Scott


Clock at Independence Hall


Independence Hall



After all the festivites were over with my uncle, one of the travel nurses that I met in Delaware flew into Philly and we rented a car and drove back to Delaware for a few days!  We had a blast hanging out with old friends we met when we were working there.  We spent the majority of our time visiting our favorite places we had when were living there such as a Saketumi, a sushi resturant, Dos Locos, a mexican resturant, Rehoboth Beach, the outlet malls, getting a pedicure and manicure, and hanging out at our friends house that we stayed at!  We had a great time!!!!

After being on the east coast for a week, I was glad to get home!  In the last couple of days, I have moved out of the farm and am back in Oakley in between my sister's house and my parent's house!!!  Mostly, I'm just spending time lovin' on my little Mia girl!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment