Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011

One more contract down...

I know that is has been forever since I last posted on the things going on in my life, and it has even been over a week since I finished my contract in Hays, KS.  When I first started my contract in Hays, I was less than impressed, and was ready to quit that job within 4 weeks of being there.  After having several conversations with my recruiter and the manager at HaysMed, I chose to tough it out and try to get through my contract! Darn my parents for instilling in me that giving up on something is NOT an option! :) After the manager had a staff meeting and addressed some of my concerns, the things that were going on that was making me not like this assignment subsided and I enjoyed the last part of my contract a lot better. 
It's hard when someone walks in to the ICU that you have been working in for years; taking your hours and getting paid more, but eventually those girls got over it and started treating me better! 
They were nice enough to make pastas, salads, and deserts for my last night there and all we did was eat.  They even told me to come back and visit them when I was in the area. 
So even though this assignment wasn't my favorite, and I had to deal with some cold shoulders; I learned a lot, had fun being close to my family & friends for the summer, living on the farm and semi-becoming a farm girl, seeing familiar faces around the hospital, and having another contract as a travel nurse under my belt!  Now I am going on another journey....keep reading all my updates to find out what I'm up to and where I'm going!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment