Pages

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The usual Tuesday....

For some reason, I have had every Tuesday off for several weeks and I have come to develop a ritual!!  I get up in the morning and do my laundry, and I make sure that I finish before noon!!!  For lunch I head to downtown Corpus to a little coffee shop called Aqua Java and order my usual lunch, it consists of the soup of the day, and 1/2 a panini.  Today was broccoli and cheese soup with my usual Monterrey panini!!!  Today, I walked into the Aqua Java and I was slightly peeved that a couple was occupying my usual table...I mean, come on people I sit at that table EVERY Tuesday at this time and you should know it!!!! :)  It wasn't long and they were finished with their lunch and left, and I immediately took over the table!!!!  I come here to relax and catch up on some of my shows that I have missed the week before, pay some bills, catch up on my emails, and surf facebook of course!!!!  My friend Joe calls me a dork for coming here and eating lunch by myself, and honestly it wasn't something I would have ever done by myself if I had not started this new chapter in my life, but I have learned to do a lot more things on my own and not always having to have someone with me!!!! 
I realize that I haven't updated my blog since I have returned to TX from a great weekend in KC...OOPS!!!  Let me give you a little run down of what has been going on in my life!!

* I signed my new contract for the next 13 weeks of my life!!!  I will be staying in Corpus Christi until Feb. 5th!  I wanted an extension until Dec. 18th, but the manager got approved for 13 more weeks and wanted to use the whole 13 weeks which is totally understandable.  They are going to be flexible with what I wanted during the holidays, and I would have had to sign a 13 week contract somewhere else, so I signed on again!!!  I like southern TX and have meet some great people down here that will always be a huge part of my life and an extension for 13 more weeks will just give me more time with these fabulous people!!!!

* My friend Diego introduced me to Niko's Steakhouse that has $3 martinis on Wednesday nights!!!  HOLLA!!!  The strawberry ones are like HEAVEN!!!!

* I have taken a road trip to San Antonio with my friend's Joe and Diego...we had a great time!!!  We went to the River Walk and ate dinner while people watching!!!  After dinner we went to Howl at the Moon a dueling piano bar and had a blast!!!  I can't wait for the next road trip...it hasn't been decided yet if we are going back to San Antonio or to Austin...  During this road trip, I have come to really appreicate the fact that I have these two great guys friends!!!  They would do anything for me. They have become my best friends down here!!!

* I got to book my flight for my second trip to KC!!!!  I am going back to KC for my older sister's wedding on Nov. 17th!!!  I can't wait to spend more time with my family and friends!!! 

* I received fabulous news last week when my dad called me to tell me that him and my mom are coming to Corpus to spend Thanksgiving with me.  I can't wait!!!  I will only be back in Corpus for 3 days after returning from my sister's wedding and they will be here!!!  I am truly blessed to have the best parents in the world!!!  Joe and Diego are determined that they are going to take them out...we'll see about that...not sure that I want to share my parents while they are here...I'm have become a little selfish since I don't see them all the time anymore!!

* For anyone that knows me, knows that I hate mascots, so Halloween isn't the most favorite time of the year for me! This year all that was running through my head was the a time in college when several of my sorority sister's and I went to a basketball game, and the mascot chased me around the whole indoor track, I about lost it!!! I am ok with children dressing up, but to have an adult walk up to me when I  don't know who they are and I can't see their face makes me a little uneasy!!!  So, as for me dressing up for Halloween it's kind of out of the question.  I was so relieved when my friend Joe didn't find a costume that caught his eye while we were shopping for one, so it got me off the hook!!!  So, for Halloween we attended an 80's rock band concert at a local bar, and had a freakin' blast!!!!  They played all kinds of 80's music and we rocked out all night long!!!  The highlight....me wearing my new purple heels!!!  My little sister wore these shoes in KC and I loved them, so of course had to have a pair too!!!


* Another thing that I have come to enjoy and enjoy it by myself is going to the movies in the afternoon!!!  It's way cheaper to attend a matinee!!!  Since I love movie theatre popcorn then I just eat it for lunch or dinner, which ever one I happen to attend the movie closer too!!!  This last week I went to Social Network, and unfortunately I don't have great reviews on it...my mind was constantly wondering and I was on my phone a lot!  Thank goodness I was 1 of 3 people in the theatre!!! 


Well, I don't think there is anything else to update at the moment!!!  I have been working a lot lately...last week I worked 4 days, and this week I will be working 5 days!!  It's a lot, but all I can see is the MONEY IN THE BANK!!!!  Well, I'm off to see if I can find what my sister's and I are going to get my mom for Christmas!!!  Hope everyone is enjoying their week, it's gonna turn out to be a long one for me since I am working most of it!!!  

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that things are going so well!

    If you feel like going to the movies again soon, go see The Town...I'm not an action movie kinda gal, but I really liked that one!

    ReplyDelete