Pages

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

One Contract down!!!!

I just finished my first contract as a travel nurse on Saturday!!!  Can you believe it???  I have been a travel nurse for 3 months and I am lovin' every minute of it!!!  This is by far the best thing that I have done for myself in a long time!  My contract ended kind of down in the dumps...I was sick, but I am that person that always feels guilty if I call in sick even if I really am sick, so I stuck it out and worked! I had the usual nasty sinus infection, headache, chills, aches, and ear infection....my usual!!! But, even though I feel fine, I am still coughing like crazy! Last week I worked 60 hours and was sick...Saturday night when I got home I couldn't get to the couch fast enough to relax!!!

Yesterday I ran some errands and got a few presents bought for Christmas, so I decided to treat myself to a movie!!!  I went and saw "Life as we know it" with Katherine Heigl!!!  I love that girl!!!  My favorite movie of her's is 27 dresses...because of course I am 27 dresses!!!  When you are the maid of honor in two weddings in less than a year, then you know you are 27 dresses!!!  But I love it, of course!!!  Anyway, Life as we know it was so freakin' cute!!!  One of those movies that you laugh and shed a few tears all at the same time!!  It's worth seeing!!!

When I was working in KC, one of the nurses there got me hooked on a Nora Roberts series, and the last book came out this month!!!  I didn't even realize that it was out until I was strolling through Target yesterday killin' time before the movie!!!  When I saw it I about jumped for joy!!!  The series is the "Bridal Quartet"!!!  I am addicted to this love story!!!  It is a good easy read for those of you that like to go through books fast!!  The one that just came out is "Happy Ever After".  The other books are Vision in White (Book 1), Bed of Roses (Book 2), Savor the Moment (Book 3)!!!  I love this series and I am not the biggest Nora Roberts fan!!!


 On Friday, my southern TX friends are going to celebrate my birthday with me as I only have off Saturday until I fly home for Jera's wedding!!!  I am excited!!  Joe (my friend) and I have given up drinking since Halloween until Friday night, so I am exctied to go out and have a few drinks with these great friends I have made down here!!!  I will for sure update you and give you the run down of the whole night after it's all said an done...that's if I remember it!!! ;)

I'm not sure when the next time will be that I will get a chance to update my blog...I only have one day off until I fly back to KC next Wednesday!!!  I come back to Corpus next Sunday and work three days, then my mom and dad are coming for Thanksgiving, so it might not be until after Thanksgiving that I get my blog updated...I sure hope not!!!!  Well I better get back to work........

No comments:

Post a Comment