Pages

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Maybe just a little HoMeSiCk....

So, it has been my pride and joy to tell everyone here that I am NOT homesick yet, however, the other day at work the guys were asking me all these questions about KS, and I even showed them pictures of the different colors of fall that show up in KS...they were asking about my family and if I miss them yet, and on and on!!!  My mom ended up calling me that afternoon while I was at work, and with some recent rumors flying around my home town, of course I instantly thought something was wrong, but all she wanted to tell me was that they missed me and are going to come to TX for Thanksgiving if I'm still here...well, that just put me over the edge...luckily I was able to keep my homesick alligators tears to myself until I got home...once that door was shut...it was like Hurricane Danielle hit my condo!!!  I couldn't stop crying for the life of me!!!  I even went semi-postal on a friend that I have only know for four weeks!!!  I felt kind of bad that he got the brunt end of my emotions, but damn it I miss my family and friends more than anything right now!!!  So, I went back to work the next day and told those guys that they couldn't ask me about KS anymore...and of course, they get great pleasure in asking me about it to see if I'll cry!!! 
So, I have always wanted a pair of danskos...however, I have not been willing to spend the $120 that they cost just in case I don't like them!!!  A co-worker at SMMC let me try out her pair before I bought them, but I wasn't sold yet.  However...LOTS of people here in TX have them, so of course I had to buy a pair...and of course I had to have the zebra prints ones!!!  I have already asked for the green python print ones for Christmas!!!!  Here's a picture of my current pair:
So, when I was in KC, I was so self-disciplined about losing weight and working out...but since I have uprooted my life, and with the mix of being homesick, I have not been so good!  I eat whatever I want, and Jillian hasn't quite convinced me that I need to follow her all the time!  However, my good friend Jenna that I met when I lived Topeka, has been on the losing weight band wagon and looks GREAT!!!  I am hoping that her motivation, and by continuing to read her blog will get me motivated and keep me motivated!!!  She recently posted a picture of one of the Biggest Loser contestants that is her goal to look like, so I decided to find my own, and put it on my phone wallpaper so that I see it every time I get on my phone for motivation!!!  I chose Abby Rike to be my motivation!!!  Her story was the one in Biggest Loser history that will bring me to tears every time!!  She lost her husband and 2 children in a car accident and dealt with her emotions by eating herself to 262 lbs....she went on the Biggest Loser to get her life back!  Since then, she has went on tours for motivational speaking and is now beaming!!  I am posting her before/after picture and one of her at the finale...now I just need to find a dress like the one she is wearing!!!!  Abby weighed in at the finale at 161, my goal is 150, but just by knowing Abby's story gives me great motivation and puts the thoughts in my head, that if she can get through that terrible tragedy, I can get through all the little things that I think are tragedies in my life!!!



A big THANK YOU goes to Jenna for this great idea of motivation!!! 


I'm excited for the holiday weekend!!!  My bestie Karisa is coming back down for the long weekend!!!  We are going to check out the beaches and go to Port Aranasas, where we will possibly go para sailing, go on a dolphin excursion, and jet skiing!!!  I'm so excited!!!  I'm pretty sure that a sober moment this weekend will be hard to come by!!!  I can't wait until she gets here on Friday!!! 

Well, I'm signing off now...I know it's been a while!!!  Be patient with me as I don't have internet at my condo, so I have to go find free WiFi!!!  I have several places now!!!  It's interesting because now that I don't have the internet at my beckon call, my life no longer revolves around it...don't get me wrong, at first I thought I was going to go crazy, but now it's not the first thing on my mind when I get home or when I'm bored!!!  My dad would be so proud!!! 

2 comments:

  1. Love the shoes! Have a GREAT Weekend with Karisa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was there to give you a big hug! Heck, I go out of town for a couple of days and I'm homesick, so I am sure this is tough, but keep reminding yourself this is an adventure that will give you lots of cool memories!
    LOVE LOVE LOVE the zebra stripe shoes!
    It made me feel good that I am helping motivate you with my blog! You can so do this, saying you will is over half the battle! Also, pics like you posted def help! I started to get tears in my eyes thinking about Abby's story; I can't wait for this season of Biggest Loser to start!
    ps...if you get time off and need something to do, go check out the Biggest Loser cookbooks...YUMM! (Im too much of a tightwad to buy them, I just went to the library and copied the ones I wanted to make, lol)

    ReplyDelete