Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Missing Fall......

It's been forever since I have updated...but there isn't much going on down here in TX right now!!!  I have survived a flood though!!!  A couple Sundays ago, the good Lord dropped 9 inches of rain on this city and every street was flooded!!!  It was crazy!!!! There are still several areas that are flooded!!!! 
Due to all the standing water....you can only imagine how many mosquitoes there are and these aren't ordinary KS mosquitoes...they are seriously like teradactyls and I am not kidding!!!  You walk outside and it's like a swarm of them are just waiting to suck your blood!!!!  While walking from my car to my condo the other day, I had 4 bites by the time I got inside and they were all through my clothes!!!  I was going crazy with all the itching!!!!
I am missing the Fall weather and all the color changes so much!!!  We actually got a cold front yesterday and it's been about 75 degrees with 40% humidity!!!  So it is a nice break from the 90 degrees weather with 89% humidity!!!!  However, this weather may be fall down here...but the leaves don't change and when I ask someone about fall down here....they said "Oh, everything just turns brown and dies."  That sounds SOOOO depressing!!!!!
I am anxiously awaiting an extension of my contract...no one will give me answers!!!  I am about ready to pull my hair out!!!  It's crazy to think that I only have 6 more weeks left of my contract!!!  I have met some great people and am not ready to leave Corpus Christi yet!!!  I am hoping to have my extension by the end of this week or next so that I can stop stressing about it!!! 
Well, I'm signing off for the day...I plan to blog more often!!!  If, I don't just yell at me and I'll get on it!!!  Sorry not to have any pictures this week....I'll try to have some the next time!!! 
Countdown to KC: 15 DAYS!!!  YAY!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yea!! Finally an update! I'll send some prayers up that you get the extension you are hoping for!

    ReplyDelete